Charles Vernam

CumbrianRam

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

United's under-18s turned in a storming second half comeback against Derby at the weekend to maintain the pressure at the top of the league.

Richard Naylor's side came from 2-1 down at half-time to beat the Rams 4-2 with Luke Parkin picking up another double.

Parkin opened the scoring on 14 minutes after a well-worked move, but Derby were the more dominant side and turned the scoreline around.

Lewis Walters was denied an equaliser by an outstanding save before the interval, but United weren't to be thwarted after the break and scored three times inside the opening 15 minutes to turn the game around.

Walters and Parkin were the men on target to make it 3-2 before skipper Alex Mowatt scored a well taken goal to make it 4-2 and put the result beyond doubt.

United continued to create chances, and when Derby threatened Afolabi Coker stood out at the back for Leeds.

United: Atkinson, Coyle, Tiesse, Coker, Skelton, Purver, Mowatt ©, Phillips, Dawson (Stokes), Walters, Parkin.

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/20121105/comeback-kings-keep-the-pace_2247585_2970795

On 05/11/2012 at 19:39, JW_DCFC said:

Charles Vernam@cvernam123

Just to clear up the confusion I played for the under 16 squad at the weekend and not the under 18's. The under 16 score was 4-4.

He must have been reading the forum, and thinks i'm a knob.

I reckon a quick "Sorry Charles" and he'll be as sweet as a nut. 

Squad got hit with an injury crisis at the start of the season.Lelan, Hayes were both out injured I think and The loss of Hughes and Bennett has taken out alot from the side. Recently Bennett has been given a few games but confidence is down and they are only young. Galinski and Richards have both been sent out on loan too. They could still have been in the side as overage players. Morch is the main overage player at the moment. There was a big crop of 1st year scholars added, technically including Thomas and Bennett. Think they need to pull off a couple of results somehow and things will pick up. Lelan and Hayes are back. U16s are doing well.

Squad got hit with an injury crisis at the start of the season.Lelan, Hayes were both out injured I think and The loss of Hughes and Bennett has taken out alot from the side. Recently Bennett has been given a few games but confidence is down and they are only young. Galinski and Richards have both been sent out on loan too. They could still have been in the side as overage players. Morch is the main overage player at the moment. There was a big crop of 1st year scholars added, technically including Thomas and Bennett. Think they need to pull off a couple of results somehow and things will pick up. Lelan and Hayes are back. U16s are doing well.

Nice one stimacked. Its good to have a fans view of the kids teams and whats going on.

• 4 months later...

Archived