Charles Vernam

CumbrianRam

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In reply to some of the rather envious fans...Charles was asked back for a 2nd trial at AC Milan which is not too bad for a quote " Crap "player. This lad puts in 18 - 30 hours a week on top of set training schedules, strict diet and tremendous support from a very close and proud family. 5.30 am Charles trains every morning pre school, and after school resumes with training in the evening. So please before the green eyed monster strikes respect the fact that Charles is where he is now due to committiment, talent and hard work.

I think you'll find the 'crap' comments are said in jest, there are not directed at Charles at all. They are made in a banter type form against the club due to various factors since the 70's. You'll get used to it.

99.99% of us love players who progress and devolop in front of our eyes,.OB, Will Hughes and Hendrick are backed by us until they are sold for peanuts and at that point we will call them crap as they left us for some small club in Manchester, Liverpool or London . 99.99% of us will back Charles and look forward to his debut.

On 01/11/2012 at 13:08, uttoxram75 said:

I can think of a catchy little song for him........

Charlie, Charlie, Charlie, Charlie,

Born is the King of Derrrrrrrrrrrrrrby.......

'Bananas'......if only....

Looks a little different to that Charlie

To the tune of the muppets song

Vernam - an - nah

der der de de dah

Vernam - an - nah

der der da da....etc

AC Milan people!! One of the biggest clubs in the world. A foreign club scouting a young (English player) and offering them a trial is a big plus. I think if anything Milan's decision to not offer a contract was strategic. They don't want to recruit players for the sake of it. Anyone they recruit, 16 or above, they will be doing so with the belief that they can be at least in the match day squad by the age of 20. Otherwise to them it is a waste of time and effort to train and progress a player for 4 years only for them to be allowed to leave for another club. Some clubs don't seem to care...the two Manchester clubs.

I reckon we will see an appearance from him at the end of the season.

I had the easy task of training Charles as a young teenager with varied activities and this was made simple by the attitude that he had ie no motivation had to be imparted from me as his drive and passion shone through. He gladly gave up his saturday mornings to help me with an u 8s football squad, trust me the kids wanted to learn! We had cross training sessions which would have shamed alot of adults but never once moaned or gave up. Hard Graft aplenty

On 05/11/2012 at 16:34, Daveo said:

He will be if he keeps getting credited with goals he didn't score in fantasy score lines by JW, won't even need to put a pair of boots on

He apparently scored a 35 yarder with his ******* in a 4-0 win against Harchester United - somebody tell man city quick

Archived