Ipswich Town v Derby County

Boycie

Paul Jewell has got two teams into the prem and kept them there - not sure it's totally fair to say he's a crap manager, he's achieved far more than Clough. He also joined Derby when we were in a terminal decline so we have to take this onboard also.

I'm not particularly a fan of his but we have to be fair sometimes..

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paul Jewell has got two teams into the prem and kept them there - not sure it's totally fair to say he's a crap manager, he's achieved far more than Clough. He also joined Derby when we were in a terminal decline so we have to take this onboard also.

I'm not particularly a fan of his but we have to be fair sometimes..

And since leaving Derby he has been given the kind of budget with Ipswich that Derby fans would have wet dreams over and taken them backwards.

Only 200 odd tickets sold for tonight.I suppose roger davies will still say we have a 'huge fan base' though.

Why Radio Derby employs that tool is beyond me. He adds nothing to the commentary and has the most biased views imaginable.

Is our away following really that poor? A few years ago we would have taken in excess of 1000 for this type of fixture, midweek or not.

Hendrick is sounding doubtful for tonight. Think this would swing things further in their favor. Who would fill his role - Coutts? Maybe Bavies will be given a start. Jacobs to be given a start maybe. Maybe even Gjokaj. He's been playing there for the U21s.

Why Radio Derby employs that tool is beyond me. He adds nothing to the commentary and has the most biased views imaginable.

Is our away following really that poor? A few years ago we would have taken in excess of 1000 for this type of fixture, midweek or not.

That must have been a long time ago.

I've been the last few years, think 2 seasons ago it was midweek, we won either 2-0 or 2-1, Commons got them both i think. That was a good night, only took about 300 then. Shows the state of the club that we only take 200 odd to games like this.

Will probably be a drab game, between two drab clubs who've both been stuck in this league for a long time now going nowhere.

1-1.

Hendrick is sounding doubtful for tonight. Think this would swing things further in their favor. Who would fill his role - Coutts? Maybe Bavies will be given a start. Jacobs to be given a start maybe. Maybe even Gjokaj. He's been playing there for the U21s.

Clough finally gets his dream to move Hughes into the middle and put Jacobs on the left?

Doubt he'll move Coutts because of his partnership with Brayford

I remember the Derby-Ipswich games being fantastic around 8 years ago..

But then again we did have George Burley and them Joe Royle.. Two top class managers who both play really good football and not afraid to use the foreign market..

In the same season we both won 3-2 against eachother and finished in the top 4..

Now we're both boring drab clubs that have accepted this division.. Ipswich have been here a long time, longer than us.. They've been here since 03 I think.. I feel sorry for them, they were really good under George Burley and Joe Royle.. Ever since they employed Jim Magilton it's been a train wreck.

I remember the Derby-Ipswich games being fantastic around 8 years ago..

But then again we did have George Burley and them Joe Royle.. Two top class managers who both play really good football and not afraid to use the foreign market..

In the same season we both won 3-2 against eachother and finished in the top 4..

Now we're both boring drab clubs that have accepted this division.. Ipswich have been here a long time, longer than us.. They've been here since 03 I think.. I feel sorry for them, they were really good under George Burley and Joe Royle.. Ever since they employed Jim Magilton it's been a train wreck.

Yep, and guess what joe Royle WON at Ipswich......exactly the same as George burley WON at Derby.....nada....booted out of the play off semi's...

Archived