Why should I support Derby County?

UNDECIDED

Surely someone wants to support a team or they don't, they don't have a "Ok, go on then... if I have to" attitude to supporting a team.....Do they ? http://forums.aria.co.uk/images/smilies/ScratchHead

This might be a person who is part of a family of hardcore Rams supporters. The follower might not be a football fan or they loosely support a team that doesn't conflict with Derby.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hahahah this is brilliant, even after the playoff final I prefered Derby to Forest. I have a friend who's a Forest fan, he's utterly deluded. And I'm probably going to tonight's game, woo! Here is an example of their delusions, directly from my facebook:

Forest fan:

Derby county are the worst club in britain. They give tickets away and they still only get 18,000 people turn up!

Me:

Nah, only because its for Freshers fare, plus its a raffle thing. And they're all for different games, so I'm sure they only give away about 100-200 each. Harsh, good stadium, and they filled it up week in week out despite being smashed in the Premier League. Forest are a nothing club now.

Forest Fan:

Forest are a bigger club than derby

Me:

30 years ago maybe, not now, or recently.

Forest Fan:

£10 pound we finish higher than them this season.Derby are pure bulshit. We've got them on saturday. Watch and learn

Me:

Sunday*

We all know what happened on that Sunday before the West Brom v Villa game 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Forest ever been bigger than Derby? serious question... since i've been born and following football we've been dominant over them, with ease - also, can't remember a season where I have had to bow to their incredible support.

and have Derby ever had only 18,000 for a league game at pride park? 20063 for a night game this season was the lowest since 2003 and can not find a league attendance 18,000 or less at pride park.

WHEREAS...

Forest this season 18,748 against blackburn

Forest last season 18,506 against reading...

Season before 19,411 (play off season) against Ipswich

Season before 18,332 (play off season) against Scunny

season before 17,568 against preston

season before 15,860 against bristol (promotion season)

season before 16,785 against doncaster

season before 16,237 against barnsley

season before 19,209 against preston

season before 20,168 against rotherham - last time they had a better average than us.

season before 16,073 against gillingham.

They've had a few seasons with league games with a turn out less than 18,000 and they're always teetering on the edge. 03/04 season was the last time they competed with us in this aspect. I suppose it's because we've always gave away free tickets mind - Forest fans don't like it when you use facts to back stuff you. They like to believe in myths.

I am a derby Fan, Born in Ashbourne moved to London at 2 years old. I didn't support Derby because of my Dad or my family it was the fact that I loved the Derby when they were t the Baseball ground. I remember meeting Igor Stimac at the Baseball ground and I remember being in london when Tommy Johnson ran me over whilst wheeling a tramp round London pi**ed. (During the anglo Italian cup against Cremonese).

I was teased at school for being a Derby fan when all my friends where Tottenham, Arsenal, Chelsea etc...

But from day one I was a Derby fan and I remember seeing there faces when Jim Smith took us to the premiership when they saw results like this, Man U 2 - 3 Derby. it's all about the special place where you feel part of the cummunity, Being the under dog and coming away smilling. When eva they take the pi** I just laugh and say lets see if you can come down from the Premier League and spend 3 years in the Championship with a crowd like ours. The fans make the club!! same old derby taking the piss...

Forest ever been bigger than Derby? serious question... since i've been born and following football we've been dominant over them, with ease - also, can't remember a season where I have had to bow to their incredible support.

and have Derby ever had only 18,000 for a league game at pride park? 20063 for a night game this season was the lowest since 2003 and can not find a league attendance 18,000 or less at pride park.

WHEREAS...

Forest this season 18,748 against blackburn

Forest last season 18,506 against reading...

Season before 19,411 (play off season) against Ipswich

Season before 18,332 (play off season) against Scunny

season before 17,568 against preston

season before 15,860 against bristol (promotion season)

season before 16,785 against doncaster

season before 16,237 against barnsley

season before 19,209 against preston

season before 20,168 against rotherham - last time they had a better average than us.

season before 16,073 against gillingham.

They've had a few seasons with league games with a turn out less than 18,000 and they're always teetering on the edge. 03/04 season was the last time they competed with us in this aspect. I suppose it's because we've always gave away free tickets mind - Forest fans don't like it when you use facts to back stuff you. They like to believe in myths.

Shame I didn't have these facts at the time, as a matter of fact actually I was in my lecture....hmm.

I moved to Derby 7 years ago and adopted the Rams as my team due to my new local mates. I have been a season ticket holder for 5 seasons now and will always be! I love the club and what it means to the fans despite the obvious frustrations that we regularly have! Let the Red Dogs have him as he obviously knows jack about football

I don't think you can define the size of a club by the attendance figures. In recent seasons, attendances have fallen at most clubs across the country due to the recession. Derby were averaging 27-29,000 a couple of seasons ago and now seem to average 22-24,000. Has the club become smaller?

The number of worldwide fans is probably a better indicator. Are there any figures?

I remember when I decided to be a Rams fan. I just feckin chose because I'm a grown man capable of choosing the way in which I choose to be miserable. Rather to be miserable loving a team, then miserable hating someone else's team which is all Forest fans are good for.

I remember when I decided to be a Rams fan. I just feckin chose because I'm a grown man capable of choosing the way in which I choose to be miserable. Rather to be miserable loving a team, then miserable hating someone else's team which is all Forest fans are good for.

you chose well, Grasshopper.. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

goddamn it, I love uncle sam!

Yes it's true I was watching one of the street acts with my family the day after the anglo italian cup. and suddenly I could bowled over by a wheel barrow with a tramp in it. My Dad went mad and went to smack the guy who was wheeling it and we both realized it was Tommy Johnson pissed as a fart so stopped and got a photo and autographs.

Archived