Jack Tuite

Belper

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All done... signed sealed delivered....

[size=4]Derby County have today confirmed the capture of young defender, Jack Tuite, from Republic of Ireland club, Cherry Orchards.[/size]

[size=4]The youngster had been training with Derby's development squad for the past couple of weeks now and after impressing academy manager, Darren Wassall, Tuite has now put pen to paper on a permanent move. Derby, had spotted the defender playing for Cherry Orchards and had invited Tuite across the Irish Sea for a trial last month.[/size]

[size=4]Derby County manager, Nigel Clough, is keen on improving the club's youth system and was pleased to have snapped the young talent. Tuite, who has played across the back four in his time with Cherry Orchards, will now join the Rams' academy.[/size]

[size=4]Ties between Derby County and Cherry Orchard have once again been extended with Tuite adding to the list of former and current players who have moved from the Republic of Ireland to the npower Championship, including the likes of Dave Langan, mark O'Brian and Connor Sammon. [/size]

[size=4]Tuite, who has played at international level for the Republic of Ireland already, is said to be delighted at his move to the Pride Park Stadium and sites the club's belief in youth players as the main reason for his move. [/size]

[size=4]Sweet,Tweet Tuite[/size]

With our academy we can expect promotion 2023 or so. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

Not quite cisse there not producing the 20 goal a season strikers we need yet so maybe a bit longer 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

• 2 months later...

One for the future, but he starts his Rams career on the 28th. At least that will be one confirmed signing we will make this month. He was on trial with Man City as well, so we have done well to add him to the youth team ranks.

[url=http://irishnewsreview.net/2012/10/19/tuite-sets-sights-on-rams-first-team/]http://irishnewsrevi...ams-first-team/

Rising Irish star Jack Tuite has set his sights on breaking into Derby County’s first team after signing a contract with The Rams.

The Dubliner, who becomes the latest Cherry Orchard player to move to the English midlands, will complete his move to Pride Park when he turns 16 in January.

Current Rams duo Conor Sammon and Mark O’Brien both started out at Cherry Orchard, as did ex-Rams players Davy Langan and Don O’Riordan. Tuite will be hoping to follow in their footsteps and few would back against the Irish under 16 full back making the breakthrough.

A whole host of clubs were vying for the Lucan native’s signature but when the cards were thrown down, one club stood out. “It’s a great achievement to move to a club like Derby County and I’m delighted to have the chance” said Tuite before citing the route between the academy and the first team as his main reason for joining The Rams.

Tuite, son of League of Ireland referee Paul, explained how the move came about “Derby invited me over for a trial. I had a week of training and a match with them. When I got home I was told they wanted to offer me a contract”.

The 15-year-old spent some time at the club’s Moor Farm training facility in recent weeks and Rams Academy manager Darren Wassall said: “Jack is a player with real potential. “It’s a great fillip for Derby County that we’ve been able to attract Jack and I think the positive news stories over the last year or so have played a big part in that. “Players can see there’s a pathway to the first-team squad here at Derby for youngsters within the Academy.”

Jack will begin his Rams career with their under 16 side but the youngster has quickly set his sights on moving to the under 18’s in the short term.

He will be hoping to make rapid progress and insists it would be “a great honour” to line out alongside Irish stars Sammon, O’Brien and Joe Hendrick, with the latter two proving that the route from the academy to the first team is one that is more than achievable.

“That was why I chose Derby, I feel I have a real chance there” said the Irish star, who is relishing his move in January and is already dreaming of catching first team manager Nigel Clough’s eye.

Archived