3 games unbeaten now

B4ev6is

Step back, we've had three really difficult games. Our local rivals who have spent a fair bit of money, a (widely speaking) top half team with good players who will be hoping to get promoted, and arguably the best football team in the division.

I'm really pleased. Only downer is this international break getting in the way. Would love us to have caught Blackburn this Saturday, but they'll probably have new manager syndrome and dick us on the 20th. Same for Ipswich a few days after.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tired players after playing 3 90 minute games of footy? Dear oh dear! What will their mummies say?

And why do we keep saying Brighton (and teams like them) are better than us? 2 years ago they were league 1. That just shows we need investment.

We are content to let clubs come from below us and overtake us. How many more will do the same?

We are luckily though on a 10 year plan. And FFP or whatever that is! - what a load of blx.

Competing to be a mid table club, wow that will get the fans in. Oops no, attendances are falling.

We have gone as far as we are likely to with this current ownership/board/manager. Does anyone really think we will get above mid table in the next few years?

And as for promotion - do you think the yanks want it?

I dont, we dont have 1 player who could cut it at premiership level. That would mean a huge investment just to try to avoid instant relegation. And we all know how the yanks feel about investing!!!

Mid table mediocrity forever!

I'm not starting a new thread for this so sorry for going off topic BUT....

Is anyone else getting sick of the weekly Shaun Barker injury updates coming from the media team/ rams player? I know he's club captain and a nice chap, but these incremental updates are really starting to piss me off. Is it just me?

Errr..... don't read / watch them. I find them interesting 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

The next 3 games Blackburn, Ipswich and Peterborough.

We could cement a top half position with wins vs Peterborough and Ipswich and anything from Blackburn is a bonus in my opinion. They are a good side.

Also would be nice if we are the team that beat Ipswich to get Paul Jewel the sack.

Tired players after playing 3 90 minute games of footy? Dear oh dear! What will their mummies say?

And why do we keep saying Brighton (and teams like them) are better than us? 2 years ago they were league 1. That just shows we need investment.

We are content to let clubs come from below us and overtake us. How many more will do the same?

We are luckily though on a 10 year plan. And FFP or whatever that is! - what a load of blx.

Competing to be a mid table club, wow that will get the fans in. Oops no, attendances are falling.

We have gone as far as we are likely to with this current ownership/board/manager. Does anyone really think we will get above mid table in the next few years?

I dont, we dont have 1 player who could cut it at premiership level. That would mean a huge investment just to try to avoid instant relegation. And we all know how the yanks feel about investing!!!

and what a nice bundle of joy you are.

Well it's interesting that from the five corresponding fixtures last season - Watford, Burnley and Brighton at home and Forest and Boro away - we're actually five points better off this time round. So I suppose in that respect, you could say it has been a good week. Games like Middlesbrough away and Brighton at home will invariably be used as a yardstick to see where we have improved.

But then adversely you could say we have six points fewer than we did at this stage last season and put a negative spin on recent results.

For me though, it's too soon to make any assertions. The division is still taking shape and so many teams have shown inconsistencies or frailties that it's hard to gauge where we'll be. We might have a better idea by Christmas but then all it takes is one good run or bad run to dispel that too.

The only thing I will say is that I think eclipsing our performance last year is a big ask and that is worrying because it was not by any stretch remarkable.

If we don't get 12 points from the next 3 games, I think everyone should resign, including all fans.

Errr..... don't read / watch them. I find them interesting 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Trust me, I have. But every time I log onto dcfc, twitter, rams player etc it's another 'injury update with Barks'. I'm glad he's being kept in the loop but its getting silly now, I'm not going to count them up but there has been an average of one update every fortnight...at this rate there will be another 20 injury updates. Get some new material media team!!

i just think derby need to go for it more, as thats when were play at our best and also defending better also, but i do think maybe someone might have to step in for young will huges i do think, this team is more than cable of winning this league, but once again do the lads have the know how to pull it off, but i still think we are missing a play maker, as it showed against brighton we were missing jamie ward tricky and footwork to no offance that theo does not have, he would have been better used along side conner samon.

[size=4]i think this side is more likely to cut it in the premer league if it has the quitley to stay there is another thing, but i do feel this side might be able to make a good go this time around but we all know what happened last time, but it will need some majour money pumping into it, eather the yanks sell up and give it to someone with some majour money to make us a force once more.[/size]

Archived