Football Manager 2013

Hucknall Ram

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After being sacked on the demo, there was more heartbreak for yours truly. This time, play-off heartbreak.

I finished 3rd but lost 3-1 on aggregate to Bolton in the play-off semi-finals. We were the highest scorers in the league. Theo scored 27 league goals. I signed Cameron Jerome on a season-long loan. He scored 22. Another top signing was Davide Petrucci from Man Utd for an initial £250k rising to £750k. He was my star midfielder with 12 goals and 7 assists but sadly he tore his calf muscle during the run-in and was a huge miss. My only other signing was Jason Koumas on a free. It was a one-year deal, £2.5k a week job. A small gamble that didn't pay off.

In the cup competitions, I lost to Morecambe in the first round of the League Cup on penalties and also crashed out of the FA Cup to York in the third round. They won a replay 1-0.

Keogh, Robinson, Bryson and Coutts were the standouts from our current crop. Sammon and Hendrick couldn't get a kick due to the form of Petrucci and Jerome.

Here's hoping in 2013-14, we're champions. But I'm going to have to overhaul the defence first. Three of the back five need replacing.

But yes, if any of you plan on doing a season at Championship level, Cameron Jerome is a stellar signing, as Billy Davies would put it.

In my first 6 months, Derby got taken over - by Adam Pearson.

He gave me £2.5 to spend. Am going shopping when the transfer window opens.

So far Adam Pearson has failed in a bid to take over the club, this was followed up in January with a Chinese consortium failing to takeover the club as well... too bad, they were talking up giving me £16+ mil to spend.

I got sacked again!

We always get taken over by a 'local businessman' in the first season and it does my head in. I've only lasted half a season in the demo and now 18 months in the full game. I expect Appleby and company would have been a lot more patient.

Granted after finishing 3rd in the first year, I did set my expectations to winning the league in 2013-14. I also spent £2.5m during the summer. I was 10th after 23 games and 5 points shy of the play-offs but I also got to the quarter-final of the League Cup.

The league position was disappointing but not an impossible situation. I still felt we could get promoted. It only takes one good run to change everything, after all.

I'm guilty of being too ambitious but I think considering that the same board who sacked me wanted me to commit to a long-term contract only six months before, I'd have warranted some loyalty?

They replaced me with Dean Saunders and we've lost four from the next seven. Idiots. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

In my first 6 months, Derby got taken over - by Adam Pearson.

He gave me £2.5 to spend. Am going shopping when the transfer window opens.

Shopping update:

I got sacked before I got to spend anything.

A disastrous run without a win, including a home defeat to Forest and another at home to 9-man Ipswich left me sliding towards oblivion.

Did a bit of window shopping, mind.

I'm 4th with 7 games left first season, got took over by David Sheepshanks but got fook all money to spend. Theo has 17 goals and Sammon has improved and now has 10. The board are very pleased with me but they regard the decision to get rid of Conor Doyle as a poor bit of business. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

I'm 4th with 7 games left first season, got took over by David Sheepshanks but got fook all money to spend. Theo has 17 goals and Sammon has improved and now has 10. The board are very pleased with me but they regard the decision to get rid of Conor Doyle as a poor bit of business. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Yeah that sheepshanks lad took me over too ...gave me £3 million to spend so bought elokobi for 700k

I started demo last night. Unbelieveble amount of injuries so far, 6 games played. 4-1-1 and second behind B'burn. Sammon is on fire being lone striker, 4 goals and assist so far.

Looks too easy once again, propably won't buy it.

First season over:

Came 4th, despite a 7 game losing streak midseason where the defence couldn't stop a camel from getting through the eye of a needle. O'Brien made up for his mid season woes with some fantastic late season performances, as did Fielding.

Burnley ran away with the league and Wolves took the second automatic promotion spot with a game left to play. The rest of the top 6 were Forest, Derby (on equal points, Forest 3rd by goal difference), Blackpool and Watford.

In the first leg we ran riot early against Blackpool scoring 2 before they came back into it. We ended up winning 5-3 in an absolute thriller with Sammon bagging a brace and man of the match. The second leg ended 1-0 as we booked the dream playoff final against Forest.

Put bluntly, Forest dominated. Fielding played a blinder early before Billy Jones had a pop from a nothing chance, it took a heavy deflection off a Forest defender and went under Camp for the mighty Rams to take the lead. Forest continued to push, but Fielding kept Derby's lead to the half time break. Bennett missed an absolute sitter before Fielding made a few more fantastic saves. Things were better for the Rams in the second half, but Forest were still threatening, and still had the better of play in midfield... that is until Guedioura decided to chop down Adryan and have an early shower. From here the Rams took complete control and with 10 minutes left Bennett made up for his miss and ended the contest with the Rams second. Forest didn't have any answers from there, 2-0 to Derby, Frankie man of the match.

No idea what I'm going to do now though. This defence is going to get rumbled in the Premier League.

Archived