Mamady Sidibe

DcFc Dyycheee

Sky Sports understands a host of Championship clubs are hunting Stoke City striker Mamady Sidibe.

The 32-year-old Mali international has been beset by injury problems in recent years.

Sidibe has suffered two torn Achilles tendons and a dislocated knee cap which has meant he has not played since August 2010.

Stoke have stuck with Sidibe as Pulis is a huge fan of the former Gillingham striker.

Now fully fit, Sibibe was left out of Stoke's 25-man Premier League squad and he is subsequently looking for a loan move.

Sky Sports understands Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds, Barnsley and Derby are all keen on taking him. - [url=http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11696/8071773/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter]http://www1.skysport..._medium=twitter

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally i think in this league he would be a good signing, especially if anything happend to sammon, he would add a different dimension in the final third, look at buxton and keogh, they have techinical capabilitys of shoe lace but because there big and strong, in the oppositions box there a threat when they manage to get up there, so why not have a big striker on board to add that extra edge for our attack. i think it would work.

Can't see us being after him, has only scored 40 odd professional goals in his whole career which is crap! Also, we have Sammon to do that job, and I think he's doing a better job than what Sidibe can do, he quick, strong, energetic and good with the ball at his feet. So thanks but no thanks

Big target man on loan worked once upon a time. I guess most of you guys remember when we had Kuqi as a target man with commons, bueno and cywka behind. when they were in form we couldn't be beaten by anyone in the championship. However from what I have seen Sammon can hold the ball up and run the channels very well, do we need a big unit to aim at???? plus we have already have ward, Sammon, Robinson, Tyson, Bennett perhaps don't shoot me down Doyle, he is scoring and looks more confident.

Personally i think in this league he would be a good signing, especially if anything happend to sammon, he would add a different dimension in the final third, look at buxton and keogh, they have techinical capabilitys of shoe lace but because there big and strong, in the oppositions box there a threat when they manage to get up there, so why not have a big striker on board to add that extra edge for our attack. i think it would work.

keogh is great on the ball so I don't know where you are coming from with technical abilities of a shoe lace....buxton however I can bare no case for

Archived