Frank Fielding

ramLAD

Can somebody remind me when Buxton looked out his depth??

I've seen Brayford play worse for Derby on more than one occasion than Buxton ever has

Barker v Leicester away 10/11 season. Worse than Buxton ever has

Better players yes. But what has Buxton done that means he's not fit to play alongside them? Anything at all

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can somebody remind me when Buxton looked out his depth??

I've seen Brayford play worse for Derby on more than one occasion than Buxton ever has

Barker v Leicester away 10/11 season. Worse than Buxton ever has

Better players yes. But what has Buxton done that means he's not fit to play alongside them? Anything at all

He hasn't, but he was a free transfer from a non-league side. Sure, he'd already racked up more than 100 appearances in the Football League before ending up at Burton, and was what... 24 odd at the time, but we don't want bargains, we want proven Championship stars like Claude Davis!

I don't actually rate Fielding that highly.. He's far better than Bywater, but his distribution can be poor and he also has a tendancy to punch rather than catch (I include saves in that also)..

Against Ssausagehorpe when they scored the rebound people said Fileding pulled of a 'worldclass save' and had no chance with the rebound.. I actually thought Fielding was at fault, it wa straight at him and all he did was knock the ball 4 yards away from him in the danger zone... If you're going to flap instead of catch, at least knock it away at the sides not to the edge of the 6 yard box..

Best goalkeeper in the league? Best defender in the league.. Best midfield/striker etc.. Why do so many fans (from all clubs) keep coming out with this comment? It makes no sense as you don't know or watch any other club to know..

Just off the record, the bestgoalkeeping performance I've ever seen at PP was from Crewes Clayton Ince when we battered them (but drew 0-0).. I've never seen a goalkeeper pull off so many amazing saves in one match..

I have to say I think Fielding is a smashing bloke. Crazy, but a refreshing sports personality. I think he's a good goalkeeper. I don't think we'll see him in an England shirt. (Hart is young, Butland is preferred and young)

I am happy for him to be in our goal for as far as I can see. That's about all I can say about him. The PL teams nearly all have better goalkeepers than any Championship side.

A keeper and a striker are two positions the PL teams slaughter the Championship teams on. Dunno why. Look at the pedigree of those keepers in the top flight. Most have been doing it at a high level for years or like Vorm and De Gea have shown real talent to get jobs there.

And strikers..... we know how the PL will gamble on anything that looks good in this league.

I think Frank is where he belongs right now. Only Paddy Kenny looks too good imo

I think Fielding is very over rated by our fans, he is steady but nothing more than an average championship keeper for me. I dont think he does anything more that what Camp/Grant/Bywater did when they first came into the team, they all dropped off though and then lost there confidence so lets hope Frank doesnt do the same. For me he isnt commanding and dominate his area enough but he is good enough for what we currently are.

I know its my opinion and you have yours, but how can Shackell be compared to Keogh?

Quite easily tbh. I actually prefer Keogh - 3/4 years youngers, better with the ball at his feet. Not as good as Shackell when it comes to heading and hoofing but we have Buxton for that.

Archived