Tom Naylor and Ben Davies could leave before deadline day

Curtains

I can't see either player kicking up much of fuss if they are left out of the matchday squad so i'd keep them, it's not like their wages are not sustainable. I can't see either player getting a look in if players are fit, we all know injuries like to interrupt our plans though and these 2 are good squad players to have around.

Makes no sense with the Naylor deal, only signed him in Jan permanently (?) and everytime i've seen Clough talk about him it's always been good praise with the "one for the future". I can only think his performance against Scunny must have turned a few heads.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or let the manager do his job trying to improve the squad while balancing the books.

Whoever comes in or leaves is pretty much irrelevant now. Its Cloughies team, Cloughies squad. He will be judged on performances this season.

No, this is 'Cloughies' team:

Boulton

McFarland

Todd

Webster

Robson

Gemmil

Durban

McGovern

Hinton

O'Hare

Hector.

I can't see either player kicking up much of fuss if they are left out of the matchday squad so i'd keep them, it's not like their wages are not sustainable. I can't see either player getting a look in if players are fit, we all know injuries like to interrupt our plans though and these 2 are good squad players to have around.

Makes no sense with the Naylor deal, only signed him in Jan permanently (?) and everytime i've seen Clough talk about him it's always been good praise with the "one for the future". I can only think his performance against Scunny must have turned a few heads.

We have seen Clough before after a game just decide that a player is no longer is in his plans.

No, this is 'Cloughies' team:

Boulton

McFarland

Todd

Webster

Robson

Gemmil

Durban

McGovern

Hinton

O'Hare

Hector.

Swap Todd or McFarland for Jake and it inna a bad side..........

I struggled to name the teams in that other thread yet that team is burnt into my memory like the birthdays of my kids..................

Or let the manager do his job trying to improve the squad while balancing the books.

Whoever comes in or leaves is pretty much irrelevant now. Its Cloughies team, Cloughies squad. He will be judged on performances this season.

A couple of things;

I don't believe that Clough will be judged on performances unless we get hopelessly relegated. Everything else will be acceptable.

Secondly if we let any more players go, whether it's Naylor and Davies or whoever, we need immediate replacements. Our squad is getting too thin.

Finally, what is the obsession with including Doyle in the squad? He will never make a successful professional footballer. I am not a lover of Davies because of his workload, but he is twice the player Doyle will ever be.

Looks like they want Naylor out on loan and rid of Bavies and Bailey. Bavies has been a poor signing saying how long we chased him. His set pieces have been the biggest disappointment for me. To often hits the first man.

PLAYERS could still leave Derby County before the transfer window closes tomorrow night.

Clubs have asked about midfielders Ben Davies and James Bailey but there has been no firm interest as yet.

Neither player has featured in the Championship this season and both are available for transfer, either on loan or in a permanent deal.

Defender Tom Naylor is another who could go out on loan.

"We have no plans at the moment to bring anybody in before the window closes but two or three of the lads are available to go out," manager Nigel Clough confirmed.

"It is a question of concentrating on those and we will see if anything develops in the next day or two.

"There has been interest in Ben and James but nothing firm enough at the moment for us to do something.

"I think a lot of clubs at this stage make inquiries, narrow down their list and leave it to the last day. Everybody is waiting for the best deal.

"We have got two or three players who would do a good job for somebody."

Davies appeared as a substitute in the Capital One Cup defeat by Ssausagehorpe United in the opening fixture but he has not been in the 18 since. Nor has Bailey.

Both played as overage players in the under-21 side on Monday.

Clough said: "We have got the 18 or 20 players we are working with at the moment and, unfortunately, Ben Davies, James Bailey and Tom Naylor are just outside of that.

"That is not down to their ability, it is down to the improvement in the squad this summer."

Naylor impressed in a run of eight starts at right-back for the first team late last season, while John Brayford was injured, but the 21-year-old struggled during pre-season and has been sidelined by a groin strain.

"Tom is about ready for training, so somebody may well take him on loan before Friday or they might wait and do an emergency loan," said Clough.

"James O'Connor can cover across the back four. So once he joined us, the plan with Tom was always to get him out on loan and get him some first-team football.

"A loan would be ideal for Tom to get some more experience. He is at a stage where I don't think five or 10 games would benefit him this season. We could do with him getting 20 or 30 games."

Naylor joined the Rams from Mansfield Town last season.

The transfer window closes at 11pm tomorrow and the window for emergency loans opens a week later.

Oh, I am sorry moderator- I thought that the forum was a place for putting forward one's views. I personally would do as I have typed- I am not berating anyone, merely putting across my opinion. If shifting 3 players out (one of which will be among our highest earners) to bring 1 player in doesn't help to balance the books then we are in trouble.

Oh, I am sorry moderator- I thought that the forum was a place for putting forward one's views. I personally would do as I have typed- I am not berating anyone, merely putting across my opinion. If shifting 3 players out (one of which will be among our highest earners) to bring 1 player in doesn't help to balance the books then we are in trouble.

It seems as though you are complaining about people not allowing to give opinion based on someone giving a different opinion.

I thought Leacock was pretty much dumped after his forest shocker

Emj - we definitely have different views but I always realise that you know what you're talking about. You're one of the few clough critics that I enjoy reading from.

I think the straw that broke the camels back on leacock wasn't just the performance vs Forest, it was the timing of that kind of performance. I fully understand it and back it as well.

Leacock hadn't played more than a handful of games in a row, he gets back in the side and asked for a new contract straight away, then goes and plays like *****. I've got an idea Dean, prove that you're worth a new contract and maybe you'll get one.

I don't know much but I do know that is a sure fire way to piss off most managers and certainly NC.

No matter how people remember Leacock, we're better off without him and his type at the club.

I've got one of those "a mate of a mate told me" stories about Leacock which I'm mature enough not to put on a forum, but immature enough to let you know I heard it. Not 100% on how true it is but it's fits in perfectly with what happened to him, and if true, I'm not sure which manager in the country woulda kept him. But it probably isn't. In fact I personally think its ******.

Though look where he's playing now, we hardy got rid of a worldie did we?

Being a moderator does not automatically ensure one posts intelligently.

I posted ***** before I was asked to become a moderator and I see no reason why I cannot continue to post *****.

Thank you.

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Being a moderator does not automatically ensure one posts intelligently.

I posted ***** before I was asked to become a moderator and I see no reason why I cannot continue to post *****.

Thank you.

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

I like your posts mate. You always make an impact you do. I'll never forget you

Like that time when you started a thread about us not scoring in the last 10 minutes. how's Mexico btw?

I like your posts mate. You always make an impact you do. I'll never forget you

Like that time when you started a thread about us not scoring in the last 10 minutes. how's Mexico btw?

Are you saying Utch is in Mexico?

He's had us fooled all this time! Thanks for exposing him.

Archived