My TV licence money goes towards this.

Day

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Sorry but that's rubbish - you politicised it the second you brought it up to try and prove a point in a political argument :lol:

Kind of serves him right, as it wasn't really a hate crime was it - it was just a crime

Funny how people who want to draw attention to "reverse racism" with the "why is it OK for him to call me a white ***", yet if I were to say that to him..." argument are only really drawing attention to the fact that they are essentially admitting that they wish they could be openly racist  

Did you know the TV licence fee is going up by £1.50 on the first of April?

32 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Sorry but that's rubbish - you politicised it the second you brought it up to try and prove a point in a political argument :lol:

I brought it up to demonstrate that when you said I was doing a disservice to ALL of those who had been victims of 'hate crimes' since Brexit by not acknowledging that Brexit had given (presumably) the perpetrators of these 'hate crimes' free reign, simply put you were wrong.

Ive never tried to make out it was anything other than what it was. How is that me politicising it?

32 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Kind of serves him right, as it wasn't really a hate crime was it - it was just a crime

If you don't think it constituted a 'hate crime', even though West Yorkshire Police thought it did, then why pray tell, did you not condemn the use of the incident between two drivers MSM (including the Independent) used to push the spike in 'hate crime' story? The video of two drivers arguing and the white man telling the other man to go back to his own country? He didn't even come back and throw a brick. In fact, presumably there was no crime there at all? All he said were some words.

49 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Funny how people who want to draw attention to "reverse racism" with the "why is it OK for him to call me a white ***", yet if I were to say that to him..." argument are only really drawing attention to the fact that they are essentially admitting that they wish they could be openly racist  

What is it with people on the left these days who think they're mind readers? 

No Stive, that isn't all they are drawing attention to. You've just stated what else they're drawing attention to.

48 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

The foreigners themselves probably did it, so the so called far-right would get the blamed. Probably a Feminist/Islamist/Leftwing plot. Hey, did I mention I was pretty easy going? For a paid troll.

You seem to need a poo. I recommend prunes. 

41 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

Did you know the TV licence fee is going up by £1.50 on the first of April?

I was thinking earlier maybe we could do with a 'clear the air' thread these long standing discussions could go into. This has come from previous threads and I don't know which ones.

26 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Thanks. I'll keep my eye on that, it'll be good to see it debated. 

I'm not sure what the petitioner means by "it should be included by your provider for free." What is 'it'?

The government have responded by saying in the future they aim to be "exploring the options for conditional access". That sounds like the sort of thing I'd want - which is the ability to opt in or out. Maybe they could have day passes like Sky.

I mean I've had people on here telling me it's value for money, not for themselves but for me. 3 episodes of Sherlock every 2 years and Match of the Day is all I'd bother to watch. If push came to shove I'd rather do without.

11 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

I'm not sure what the petitioner means by "it should be included by your provider for free." What is 'it'?

The government have responded by saying in the future they aim to be "exploring the options for conditional access". That sounds like the sort of thing I'd want - which is the ability to opt in or out. Maybe they could have day passes like Sky.

I mean I've had people on here telling me it's value for money, not for themselves but for me. 3 episodes of Sherlock every 2 years and Match of the Day is all I'd bother to watch. If push came to shove I'd rather do without.

Especially as you've only had 2 decent episodes of Sherlock this time round....

47 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

Yeah I guess "it" is the TV License Fee, so it would, in effect mean an increase in Sky, Virgin etc costs if you opt to have "the BBC package".

Something needs to happen to reflect the current TV landscape - conditional access is the key. If Sky & Virgin can block me seeing Sky Sports because I haven't paid for it, it's clearly easy enough to do.

The idea of a license fee is an anachronism, back from when there were 3 channels. Simply unfit for purpose now.

The idea of choosing "the BBC package" from your provider is the ideal, but I suspect they will just decide that it's the sort of thing that everyone wants, make it part of the "base package" and increase the price of the base package accordingly.

TBF I'd rather just choose the 10 channels I watch and pay for them individually, but the providers don;t seem keen to get away from everything being in a bundle of some sort. Hence I have to take 50 channels from Virgin to get the 10 that I want. That's just as annoyingly crap

6 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Yeah I guess "it" is the TV License Fee, so it would, in effect mean an increase in Sky, Virgin etc costs if you opt to have "the BBC package".

Something needs to happen to reflect the current TV landscape - conditional access is the key. If Sky & Virgin can block me seeing Sky Sports because I haven't paid for it, it's clearly easy enough to do.

The idea of a license fee is an anachronism, back from when there were 3 channels. Simply unfit for purpose now.

The idea of choosing "the BBC package" from your provider is the ideal, but I suspect they will just decide that it's the sort of thing that everyone wants, make it part of the "base package" and increase the price of the base package accordingly.

TBF I'd rather just choose the 10 channels I watch and pay for them individually, but the providers don;t seem keen to get away from everything being in a bundle of some sort. Hence I have to take 50 channels from Virgin to get the 10 that I want. That's just as annoyingly crap

True. But at least you haven't got the Stasi knocking at the door asking if they can check if you've got a certain equipment.

That just reminded me of a bad Steve Martin film

• 2 weeks later...

Archived