Ghosts & Ghouls

Ramant62

No ghosts, no ghouls. Just active imaginations and unreliable senses.

Mediums and psychics are just con artists manipulating people's emotions for cash. Some are quite skillful at it. Occasionally there may be one that is actually delusional and believes in the nonsense they tell people. Can't see any reason to think otherwise.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Highgate said:

Mediums and psychics are just con artists manipulating people's emotions for cash. Some are quite skillful at it. Occasionally there may be one that is actually delusional and believes in the nonsense they tell people. Can't see any reason to think otherwise.

Consider yourself shunned, non believer! ;)

2 hours ago, Highgate said:

Steve bloomers just told me he's got his eye on you!

Cynical old **** that I am never really believed .However one night we went back round my mates place, an old barn conversion .We were sat in the centre which is very open and has the galleried section above it .

We had the karaoke machine on ,suddenly a glass paper weight rises off the top of the television arcs across the room hits the karaoke machine which switch's itself off at the socket .

The paper weight travelled about 5-6 yards and rose off the TV it didn't fall off. I said why didn't you tell me about  these experiences to which he replied you would not have believed me.

His grand kids complained about people sitting at the end of their bed  and on another occasion a horse brass fell of the fireplace and just kept spinning his missus ran out of the house screaming and eventually he had to put his foot on it to stop it.

2 hours ago, King Kevin said:

Cynical old **** that I am never really believed .However one night we went back round my mates place, an old barn conversion .We were sat in the centre which is very open and has the galleried section above it .

We had the karaoke machine on ,suddenly a glass paper weight rises off the top of the television arcs across the room hits the karaoke machine which switch's itself off at the socket .

The paper weight travelled about 5-6 yards and rose off the TV it didn't fall off. I said why didn't you tell me about  these experiences to which he replied you would not have believed me.

His grand kids complained about people sitting at the end of their bed  and on another occasion a horse brass fell of the fireplace and just kept spinning his missus ran out of the house screaming and eventually he had to put his foot on it to stop it.

You must've been schmooooking some good sh it that night ?

20 odd years ago i worked in a nursing home where one little old lady would constantly talk about a little boy wearing shorts and a cap who would always visit in holiday time. She would have us buy a little bar of chocolate for his next visit, but no-one other than this lady ever saw the little boy. The nursing home was a very old building, and most of the staff at one time or another would have feelings that someone was watching them, or that they were not alone in an otherwise empty room. I myself actually watched a white figure float across the landing into a bedroom at this house, only to find the room completely empty, and call bells would regularly ring in empty rooms, but the scariest event happened to the Sister in charge on an evening shift. The sister was in her early thirties, and during general chit chat, we often talked about ghosts and the fact that the building was quite creepy especially on a night shift. The sister was quick to state that she was not a believer in ghosts at all and like most, dismissed all ghostly experience as tricks of the mind, that was until something changed her mind. Stan (not his real name) was a tall gentleman who suffered with mild dementia. Every day without fail he would walk from his bedroom, to the nursing office door say "alright" to the staff in the room and then walk off. He would do this probably twenty times a day, we had all become so used to it. Anyway, Stan sadly passed away after a short illness, and about two weeks later, three staff, myself, another colleague and this Sister were on duty together on an evening shift. We left the sister to her paperwork in the office while we had gone upstairs to check on patients. While there, we heard a very loud scream from downstairs, and we both ran down to find the Sister standing in the office crying and trembling uncontrollably. After calming her down, she told us what had happened. She had been writing at her desk when she suddenly noticed how cold it had gone, and in the next instance, a voice called from the doorway and asked "alright". She looked up to see Stan staring back at her before he turned to his right, and carried on walking. She screamed and ran to the door expecting to see someone walking away but the corridor was empty. I believe she left the job not long afterwards.

6 hours ago, Highgate said:

You are absolutely wrong. 

Soon after my father died I went to a local lady for a medical treatment. I'd never met her and she knew nothing of me, I'd been given her number by a person who didn't know me either (a friend of a friend). I walked into her house and she said to forgive her but a man who had recently passed had walked in with me. This man (my dad) told her exact details of my house, where I sit in the house and what can be seen from my window. The clock on her wall that had stopped weeks before started ticking and the lights keeps going dim. She spoke to me for a good couple of hours and it was as though speaking to my dad, she told me details about him and things that had been said between us that only I knew. 

I also spoke to a lady that told me exactly what would happen in my future in specific detail that has all come to pass. 

Once when I worked in a shop a customer said out of the blue 'your father in law wants you to buy yellow roses for his wife'. I was seriously upset by it as my father in law had died a few months before. It was my mother in laws birthday and he always bought roses for her. 

Never say it's all rubbish 

I work in an old building. I was upstairs on my own one night locking up, checking no windows had been left open etc and heard someone say my name. I opened one of the office doors thinking one of my colleagues was in there and all the offices were empty and in darkness. I won't go up there on my own again  

Sorry for the Gypsy pee on everyone's BBQ

Don't let science get in the way... @Carl Sagan

http://www.realclearscience.com/blog/2017/02/16/has_the_large_hadron_collider_disproved_the_existence_of_ghosts.html

The Large Hadron Collider (LHC) might be the world's most incredible science experiment. A particle collider seventeen miles in circumference, it accelerates protons to velocities approaching the speed of light and slams them together. Enthralled scientists from all over the world watch the subatomic demolition derby and record what happens. Thus far, they've witnessed the creation of quark-gluon plasma (the densest matter outside of black holes), found key evidence against supersymmetry, and discovered the Higgs boson, a result which garnered the Nobel Prize in Physics.

Much of the general public probably isn't aware of these fascinating, yet unfortunately, esoteric discoveries at the LHC. Particle physics simply doesn't inspire as much interest as say, ghosts. At least four in ten Americans believe in ghosts, and it's likely that even fewer people are aware of the LHC. On that note, at least one physicist contends that the LHC has, in fact, disproved the existence of ghosts.

The physicist in question is Brian Cox, an Advanced Fellow of particle physics at the University of Manchester and a popular science communicator in Britain. On a recent broadcast of BBC Radio Four's The Infinite Monkey Cage centered around science and the paranormal, Cox had this to say on the topic:

"Before we ask the first question, I want to make a statement: We are not here to debate the existence of ghosts because they don't exist."

He continued:

"If we want some sort of pattern that carries information about our living cells to persist then we must specify precisely what medium carries that pattern and how it interacts with the matter particles out of which our bodies are made. We must, in other words, invent an extension to the Standard Model of Particle Physics that has escaped detection at the Large Hadron Collider. That's almost inconceivable at the energy scales typical of the particle interactions in our bodies."

Astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson, who was also on the show, pressed Cox to clarify his statement.

"If I understand what you just declared, you just asserted that CERN, the European Center for Nuclear Research, disproved the existence of ghosts."

"Yes," Cox replied.

10 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Well just because someone talks scientifically, it doesn't mean they have all the answers.

Because Lincoln wouldn't be in the FA cup if logic was always right.

Come on fella logic is a different animal to science, I know that makes us all a bit dead when we're gone but I for one believe totally in science.?

2 minutes ago, froggg said:

Come on fella logic is a different animal to science, I know that makes us all a bit dead when we're gone but I for one believe totally in science.?

Something's can't be explained by big words.

maybe all these posters are lying then? But why would they? and how does science explain what they saw?

science would say they didn't really see it, but if there's more than one person who saw it, how does science explain that?

i guess it'all say they're all smoking the same stuff?

but can two people have the same hallucinations? Can 3? What if they all describe the same thing independently?

its not black and white I don't think.

6 minutes ago, Boycie said:

He's a kknob head anyway, can you take him seriously ?

its all a bit "look at me" for my liking.

Yes, I can take him seriously, and he's the kinda I can party with. The interview was taken from an obscure BBC radio show and there are some punctuation erros in the article. End of the matter, which changes nothing, no one could ever disproved or prove the existence of god or ghosts, and thus far the naysayers win. Prove otherwise.

We don't have to choose whether people are telling the truth about their experiences or lying. People can be genuinely mistaken. They didn't witness what they thought they witnessed in the first place, or they remember it incorrectly. People make very unreliable sources of information, and we all tend to pay too much attention to coincidences, thinking they may have a deeper meaning. It would be nice and comforting to believe in ghosts but there is nothing in the way of actual evidence. 

As for psychics, it's just practice, cold reading and knowing your client.

3 hours ago, Gypsy Ram said:

Sorry for the Gypsy pee on everyone's BBQ

Don't let science get in the way... @Carl Sagan

http://www.realclearscience.com/blog/2017/02/16/has_the_large_hadron_collider_disproved_the_existence_of_ghosts.html

The Large Hadron Collider (LHC) might be the world's most incredible science experiment. A particle collider seventeen miles in circumference, it accelerates protons to velocities approaching the speed of light and slams them together. Enthralled scientists from all over the world watch the subatomic demolition derby and record what happens. Thus far, they've witnessed the creation of quark-gluon plasma (the densest matter outside of black holes), found key evidence against supersymmetry, and discovered the Higgs boson, a result which garnered the Nobel Prize in Physics.

Much of the general public probably isn't aware of these fascinating, yet unfortunately, esoteric discoveries at the LHC. Particle physics simply doesn't inspire as much interest as say, ghosts. At least four in ten Americans believe in ghosts, and it's likely that even fewer people are aware of the LHC. On that note, at least one physicist contends that the LHC has, in fact, disproved the existence of ghosts.

The physicist in question is Brian Cox, an Advanced Fellow of particle physics at the University of Manchester and a popular science communicator in Britain. On a recent broadcast of BBC Radio Four's The Infinite Monkey Cage centered around science and the paranormal, Cox had this to say on the topic:

"Before we ask the first question, I want to make a statement: We are not here to debate the existence of ghosts because they don't exist."

He continued:

"If we want some sort of pattern that carries information about our living cells to persist then we must specify precisely what medium carries that pattern and how it interacts with the matter particles out of which our bodies are made. We must, in other words, invent an extension to the Standard Model of Particle Physics that has escaped detection at the Large Hadron Collider. That's almost inconceivable at the energy scales typical of the particle interactions in our bodies."

Astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson, who was also on the show, pressed Cox to clarify his statement.

"If I understand what you just declared, you just asserted that CERN, the European Center for Nuclear Research, disproved the existence of ghosts."

"Yes," Cox replied.

These people think they have all the info, they grab an elephant's tail and declare it a snake, until they wander over to a leg and it becomes a tree.  When do scientists get it wrong?  Apparently never, they just change their mind's as new evidence emerges and what doesn't fit their current pet theory, oops fact, is ignored.  Arrogant patronizing bunch who don't know their arse from an elephant's ear.  So they have proven that ghosts don't exist eh?  They can't even prove their own existence.  Laughable arrogance.

Archived