TalkSport - Richard Keogh

Sith Happens

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Just the Chinese burn today.

Can we play British Bulldogs in the play area now we're gonna be out of the EU now :D

15 minutes ago, David said:

I do accept it but I don't understand why it has to result in calling the bloke an arse and god knows what.

Starting to creep in a lot lately including towards other members.

Are we no longer capable of disagreeing with an opinion and laying out the reasons why without going do the playground name calling route? 

It's easy when you can hide behind a keyboard, there are only a few that would say what they post to someones face on a forum.

People call people names all the time, just depends on how you define it.  Is calling someone daft any less worse than calling them an ass if they mess up a task or say something you do not agree with?  After all it's all name calling.

3 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

It's easy when you can hide behind a keyboard, there are only a few that would say what they post to someones face on a forum.

People call people names all the time, just depends on how you define it.  Is calling someone daft any less worse than calling them an ass if they mess up a task or say something you do not agree with?  After all it's all name calling.

I know and in some cases there is little point in discussing an opinion like this one, easier just to type what an arse which in fairness it is an arsey opinion. Would love to hear the thought process behind it. 

In all honesty the recent increase in members on members has made me snap a little in here. I'm off to wooosah in a quiet room by myself and remember this is the internet.

1 minute ago, TroyDyer said:

The rose tinted glasses on show is staggering. Will never understand the love in with this bloke. A rabbit in headlights. 

Why when someone disagrees with your opinion on Keogh or other Derby players you dislike must it be due to rose tinted glasses? He's been part of a defence hit with injury after injury and we still have the best defensive record in the Football League. Maybe it isn't us with rose tinted glasses ... maybe you just don't like to admit when you're wrong?

5 minutes ago, David said:

I know and in some cases there is little point in discussing an opinion like this one, easier just to type what an arse which in fairness it is an arsey opinion. Would love to hear the thought process behind it. 

In all honesty the recent increase in members on members has made me snap a little in here. I'm off to wooosah in a quiet room by myself and remember this is the internet.

I had noticed that there has been an increase in name calling between members, for me it just showed that the name caller had lost.  The moment you have to shout or name call you have lost any credability, either in an arguement or a discussion.

p8A6v.gif

To be fair, Keogh has made so many individual mistakes over the years, and if Durham has seen any number of these you might agree with him. But as others have said, one player shouldnt hold a club back, and if that was the case we would drop him. Simple. But as a guy who hasnt been keoghs greatest fan, I would say this has been Keoghs best season in a derby shirt. Individual errors have been eradicated it seems.

6 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

To be fair, Keogh has made so many individual mistakes over the years, and if Durham has seen any number of these you might agree with him. But as others have said, one player shouldnt hold a club back, and if that was the case we would drop him. Simple. But as a guy who hasnt been keoghs greatest fan, I would say this has been Keoghs best season in a derby shirt. Individual errors have been eradicated it seems.

All defenders make individual errors, if defenders never made any errors there would never be any goals! Our fans just like to scapegoat and amplify little things, it's my number one pet hate about our fan base. He makes so many errors yet has two huge clean sheet runs. So many errors we have the best defence in the league. It doesn't add up does it?

He's only saying what certain posters do in the 'always got a mistake in him' thread <_<

AD just spouts out things in the now popular tabloid style controversial way, lets somebody who has bitten speak for 30 seconds on the phone and then carry on with his ramblings. Gough has started to talk in a loud, monotone voice the longer he has been on the show as if he's in training to replace him.

why let facts like the club record number of successive clean sheets at home get in the way of a good rant.

He's just a WUM with comedy hair.

The more you look at it, the more it just stinks of poor journalism.

He has given his opinion on a player and just used something completely silly to try and back up his point.

If he backed it up with something like goals conceded per game, aerial battles lost, pass completion percentage, errors leading to goals or anything even slightly relevant to defending at least you could give it some credibility, putting a team's last 4 seasons on one players shoulders is probably one of the most ridiculous things I can imagine a 'journalist' saying.

7 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

Why when someone disagrees with your opinion on Keogh or other Derby players you dislike must it be due to rose tinted glasses? He's been part of a defence hit with injury after injury and we still have the best defensive record in the Football League. Maybe it isn't us with rose tinted glasses ... maybe you just don't like to admit when you're wrong?

Had a blinder today. 

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

And I'll happily agree that he was very poor today. It's just a shame you've got some vendetta against him you can't let go. Our best defensive record in years and you still jump at the chance to have a dig at Keogh.

That's what annoys me. You think I want to think he's ****?  I want to loverthrow him. I want to shout his name. I want to watch him lift the championship. 

But it will never happen. And I am as gutted as anyone about that. 

Archived