Car ideas...

RamsPolls

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Having just surfed AutoTrader (one of my favourite pastimes), can pick up a 66-plate XF-S for within the £55k mark, so I suspect the R might just be out of reach.

3.0 V6 supercharged vs BMWs twin-turbo'd 3.0 flat-6.

Hmmm, 

Theres just something about the BMW's that are so nice. Granted they have an awful interior design for features & Tech. But the outside of them look & sound amazing.

1 minute ago, LesterRam said:

20 years old and you want a £55k motor, you must be doing something right me ole mucker :thumbsup:

I own my own business haha. Inherited it from my old man when he retired 3 years ago. Worked there every day when I was at school from 4-6:30. So know the ropes pretty well and I didn't really have to change much when I took over an already successful business haha

17 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Hmmm, 

Theres just something about the BMW's that are so nice. Granted they have an awful interior design for features & Tech. But the outside of them look & sound amazing.

So you want a car that's crap on the inside but looks nice? Perhaps you'd be better with a remote control car so you can look at it as you drive it.

This thread has just confirmed I am old. If I was getting a new car I want all the toys, sat nav, cruise control, heated front window and mirrors, great seat, privacy glass and anything else. Not bothered about MPH more about MPG low tax and insurance.

30+ years motoring nothing has convinced me more power gets you there any quicker, just increases the risk you wont get there.

Bit bah humbug, but at 20 I was driving a 4x4 Cosworth, so I appreciate Ramspoll dilemma. Personally I would not have either.

Go for the jag.

11 minutes ago, ossieram said:

So you want a car that's crap on the inside but looks nice? Perhaps you'd be better with a remote control car so you can look at it as you drive it.

Just one of the cons of having an M3. They have a fairly boring/basic interior. But the performance is second to none.

Just now, McRamFan said:

This thread gas just confirmed I am old. If I was getting a new car I want all the toys, sat nav, cruise control, heated front window and mirrors, great seat, privacy glass and anything else. Not bothered about MPH more about MPG low tax and insurance.

30+ years motoring nothing has convinced me more power gets you there any quicker, just increases the risk you wont get there.

Bit bah humbug, but at 20 I was driving a 4x4 Cosworth, so I appreciate Ramspoll dilemma. Personally I would not have either.

What would you go for then mate?

And I think about these things as well, But nowadays, I decent car normally has these things on the basic spec. Especially when I would be paying £55,000 for one, I would expect it to come with stuff like that.

Just now, David said:

@RamsPolls have you looked at the insurance yet for either of these cars you're looking at? Something tells me it won't come cheap for a 20 year old

Yeah. My Golf currently costs my business around £85 p/m. The BMW M3 would put that up to £95 p/m on the same policy. But my policy allows me to drive any car with the owners permission & any car that my business buys/leases. Because I have 6 cars under my business for my staff members. So if needed I can borrow one of theirs on my current policy.

Out of the two I'd have the BMW every day of the week.  A mate of mine has a M powered 4 series and once it's in Sport mode the acceleration is insane.  I've never been a fan of Mercs, they look dated very quickly, plus the build quality is nowhere near as good as BMW or Audi.

Personally, if I had £55k to spend, I'd get a Jag XF or Audi RS4

4 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Out of the two I'd have the BMW every day of the week.  A mate of mine has a M powered 4 series and once it's in Sport mode the acceleration is insane.  I've never been a fan of Mercs, they look dated very quickly, plus the build quality is nowhere near as good as BMW or Audi.

Personally, if I had £55k to spend, I'd get a Jag XF or Audi RS4

I've test drove the M3... And it physically blew me away. Unbelievable car. The only down side to it, is the very basic interior.

24 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Yeah. My Golf currently costs my business around £85 p/m. The BMW M3 would put that up to £95 p/m on the same policy. But my policy allows me to drive any car with the owners permission & any car that my business buys/leases. Because I have 6 cars under my business for my staff members. So if needed I can borrow one of theirs on my current policy.

Lucky boy, I tried to add my 18 yr old on my insurance and they wanted 3k extra for the privilege.

Seeing as insurance is no obstacle, go for the most insanely fast one you can get!

3 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Lucky boy, I tried to add my 18 yr old on my insurance and they wanted 3k extra for the privilege.

Seeing as insurance is no obstacle, go for the most insanely fast one you can get!

I always appreciate the life that my parents gave me. 

I am very fortunate to have the experiences and life I have. It is all down to them. I'll be forever grateful for that.

Archived