BRING BACK THE MAC!?

JoeDerby

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, cannable said:

He confirmed it himself at a fan-forum before our season had ended. After our season ended he turned it down again according to reports. 

Yes, I was there. He didn't leave did he? 

7 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

ITK conspiracies or your own personal conspiracies all carry their own equal weight or merits. 

Didn't make a statement as fact, just voicing my opinion that's what this forum is for isn't it. 

It is fact. He DID NOT LEAVE US, HE WAS SACKED AFTER NOT LEAVING.

The forum can cloud your judgement if you let it , we have had a terrible start and we have people saying Pearson has not the slightest clue tactically or motivation wise and we are calling for Steve Mac , I thought Pearson was the right man when appointed but you start to question yourself when you read all the tactically inept useless manager stuff , then this thread kind of of clears things ,, Pearson and liecester went head to head with Derby and Mac when both were flying high ,,, liecester and Pearson took Derby and Mac apart ,,, not just beat , ripped us a new one yet here we are in a bad spell at the start of pearsons reign with us with clough ,Mac and Clements players at his disposal and we are calling him tactically clueless and useless motivator calling for macs return even after his disaster with toon and the team/ player he brought in ,, get a grip folks and look again with unclouded eyes , the Mac first season is gone ,, it was great but it's gone

42 minutes ago, archied said:

The forum can cloud your judgement if you let it , we have had a terrible start and we have people saying Pearson has not the slightest clue tactically or motivation wise and we are calling for Steve Mac , I thought Pearson was the right man when appointed but you start to question yourself when you read all the tactically inept useless manager stuff , then this thread kind of of clears things ,, Pearson and liecester went head to head with Derby and Mac when both were flying high ,,, liecester and Pearson took Derby and Mac apart ,,, not just beat , ripped us a new one yet here we are in a bad spell at the start of pearsons reign with us with clough ,Mac and Clements players at his disposal and we are calling him tactically clueless and useless motivator calling for macs return even after his disaster with toon and the team/ player he brought in ,, get a grip folks and look again with unclouded eyes , the Mac first season is gone ,, it was great but it's gone

Nigel Clough's Derby side hammered Zola's Watford side who would end up finishing third 5-1

A worse Derby side under Clough beat runaway champions Newcastle 3-0 

One off results prove nothing, absolutely nothing 

16 hours ago, JoeDerby said:

How has the system failed us?  we could of been easily promoted via the play offs in two of them seasons? if you think that's a failed system, then what the **** is the system we are using now?

Why would you want a change a system that has been so successful is my question? Why the need for the big clear out? It's so obvious that in the last 3 years we have been so bloody close to being a top team, surely with few little changes and a couple of the correct additions and we could of challenged for the title this year?

Instead you are happy taking a risk in clearing the whole team, not playing pretty football and for the club to be the laughing stock of English football whilst these changes take place? When it's not even guaranteed the grass is greener on the other side.

Wow.

Not even going to waste my time on a reply to this. 

You clearly have a short memory thats all i'm going to say.

15 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

I see it very differently. We were TOP in March, so in reality the whole year was a not a disaster, at the point the transfer window closed, we didn't need to sign any players, although injuries forced the successful signings (then) of Bent and Ince on loan.

What actually happens in the fans got twitchy, this got to the players, and gave them a easy cop out, one which they are still using now. Inability to stand up and be counted when it matters. This happened many times since, and I'm not sure McClaren can be held as responsible now we've seen it happen to 3 managers since.

I'm not saying all of this is McClarens fault.

If anyone is to blame it's the recruitment team. They have signed some gutless money grabbers.

20 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

If anyone is to blame it's the recruitment team. They have signed some gutless money grabbers.

really? The players that struggled and ballsed a lot of stuff up in that run in were the ones already here, like Keogh and Grant.

I don't think bringing Mclaren back is a good idea - the team completely fell apart when Martin and Thorne were injured and he appeared to have no plan B to deal with it. Now Martin is at Fulham and we still have no replacement for Thorne - maybe we could just have an entire season like the second half of his second season - would love to see that.

14 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

really? The players that struggled and ballsed a lot of stuff up in that run in were the ones already here, like Keogh and Grant.

I'm talking about the failure after Mac.

Bradley Johnson - Doesn't care about the club and just wants his money.

Nick Blackman - Tries but clearly isn't good enough.

Them two alone cost £9m+. 

8 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

BJ told you that did he?

how many players actually 'care' about their club unless they have progressed through the ranks? It's their job, don't confuse giving 100% and wanting the club to do well with any kind of emotional attachment. 

17 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Never understood this idea that Johnson doesn't care.

7 minutes ago, Seth's left foot said:

BJ told you that did he?

how many players actually 'care' about their club unless they have progressed through the ranks? It's their job, don't confuse giving 100% and wanting the club to do well with any kind of emotional attachment. 

1 minute ago, cannable said:

Never understood this idea that Johnson doesn't care.

Okay let me change the Johnson one.

He doesn't give 100% effort* 

If anyone can hold there hand to their heart and honestly tell me they think Johnson gives 100% every time he puts on that Derby shirt then I will personally take you down to the mental asylum myself.

18 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

Mcclaren's first full year in charge was a failure. He didn't sign the players that we required and then got his head turned by Newcastle. He failed this season. 

16 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

I see it very differently. We were TOP in March, so in reality the whole year was a not a disaster, at the point the transfer window closed, we didn't need to sign any players, although injuries forced the successful signings (then) of Bent and Ince on loan.

What actually happens in the fans got twitchy, this got to the players, and gave them a easy cop out, one which they are still using now. Inability to stand up and be counted when it matters. This happened many times since, and I'm not sure McClaren can be held as responsible now we've seen it happen to 3 managers since.

1 hour ago, RamsPolls said:

39 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

24 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

nope, you were CLEARLY blaming McClaren for making bad signings and are now mentioning two players that have arrived after McClaren was sacked, on a thread about bringing back McClaren, as a reason you do not want McClaren back.

think of it like this, you have a beautiful woman on your arm and you walk into a very high class winery which is used by all the movers and shakers of the local society and everybody just stops and looks at you and your bountiful lady friend cantering towards the bar, and she tells the tall handsome mixed race bartender with a slight stubble and a twinkle in his eye, ey up ma duck can I have a pint, ******* good ere init, that's how I would feel on the return of the mac :ph34r:

51 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Okay let me change the Johnson one.

He doesn't give 100% effort* 

If anyone can hold there hand to their heart and honestly tell me they think Johnson gives 100% every time he puts on that Derby shirt then I will personally take you down to the mental asylum myself.

You have no idea how much effort he gives.

What we know for a fact that he was signed for a possession football team despite possessing a 76% pass accuracy over the five years previous and was shunted out wide by Norwich because he was so poor on the ball but in the goal scoring form of his life. I can tell you for a fact that we only knew he was even available the night before we signed him, he was at Norwich's training ground the morning we signed him asking for permission to talk to us and that he was only in Derby three hours before the window shut.

I have no idea how much effort he puts in but the reason he looks ***** isn't because of effort. He was simply a poorly thought out signing who didn't fit.

Archived