Super Stephen Warnock

Chris Mills

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Bit of a strange assertion.

Not really. He is 33. Has picked up knocks in a few games. Hasn't managed a a full season (ie 80-90% of games) for 4 years.

At his best he is good enough. When not at his best he isn't. 

As I said, I don't think we need to panic but I would be looking at a signing or even better a loan with view to permanent deal in the summer.

can certainly do us a job in the championship while fozzy is out, happy to have him right now. But still the way he tackles does scare me sometimes, he has his level here in the championship but if he tries the same thing in the premier league vs the likes of aguero/ozil/martial he is going to get absolutely torn apart.

He had a great game today. For me just shaded by Thorne for MOM. There's asomething Martinesque about him in how he can flick and slip passes and lay-offs. He doesn't have the driving power of Forsyth, but I think he's a smarter player.

However, he spends a lot of time on the deck after last ditch or committed challenges. He seems to prefer gambling to win the ball and if it doesn't come off, he's sat on his arse as the game moves past him. He avoided this in today's game though. There also seems to be an injury incident with him in every game too, so would echo doubts on him being able to play every game.

Pleased for him and I hope he keep this form up.

8 hours ago, emjlc02 said:

Maybe there is a reason he has played so many games in the prem and even managed to play for England.

Pele was the greatest player in the world, but I doubt he's still good enough for the Championship.

3 minutes ago, Chris Mills said:

He was 2nd selection left back in the World Cup 5 years ago. Hardly comparible to Pele. 

Don't think you understand exaggeration.

But to that end, Gonzalo Jara players most games for Chile in a team with Alexis Sanchez and Arturo Vidal amongst others... and he's absolute garbage.

8 hours ago, Srg said:

Are you bringing my sexuality into disrepute?

Good grief no, I was referring to your reluctance to giving credit where it's due. The old boy had a indifferent start with us but he's getting his act together and deserves a bit of credit in my opinion, that's all. :)

6 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Good grief no, I was referring to your reluctance to giving credit where it's due. The old boy had a indifferent start with us but he's getting his act together and deserves a bit of credit in my opinion, that's all. :)

See my match ratings in the match day thread.

33 minutes ago, Srg said:

Making a point that what Warnock did 10 years ago is not really relevant to 2015/16.

Stop digging - the hole is deep enough.

Archived