Johnny Russell

Ramchope

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First question on the radio.

'What was the main reason you joined Derby?'

'The stadium mainly.'

I should think he was unable to contain his excitement when he spotted the Gregs.

for the guys like myself that don`t tweet, here is a wee message from JR. As i said in a previous post, the guy is a total gent. 

Some words from Johnny

For those of you not sad enough to Tweet.

"Thanks for the messages everyone really appreciate them quite overwhelming!! Wow where do i start!!

Would like to thank everyone at dundee united who gave me the chance!! Especially Steve Campbell and the time he spent on me coming through!

All the staff and especially all the fans who from day 1 ur support for me has been incredible and an absolute pleasure to play infront of!

Really gonna miss the place been best 10 years of my life and met some great people!! Gonna miss all of the boys absolute legends
I wish united all the best in the future and im sure they will deliver will always keep an eye on them wink and finally!!!

Would like to thank all the people closest to me who have been their for me!! My friends and my incredible family.

Ul all be sick of me so last thing lol!! Im absolutely delighted to sign for such a great club and cant wait for next season already!!"

Alryt pal, whats yo average attendance up at tannadice?

hello bud,

I think we were at 7 or 8,000 last season. We have 5000 season ticket holders & maybe get 4 or 5 full houses a season, depending on the game & importance. I know it sounds poor but we are a small city with 2 pro clubs. We are obviously the "Bigger" club but the city is pretty much split down the middle for support. We did have 35,000 at the 2010 cup final, it was just a big wall of tangerine inside hampden...you should check it out on youtube. :)

Have Derby signed 4 new strikers?

Chris, Martin, Johnny & Russell

And a couple of goalies too Lee & Grant

All 3 new signings with 2 first names

Who next?

John Terry to fil the center back slot maybe!

Kevin Hector, Leighton James, Francis Lee and Charlie George like the cut of your jib

Have Derby signed 4 new strikers?

Chris, Martin, Johnny & Russell

And a couple of goalies too Lee & Grant

All 3 new signings with 2 first names

Who next?

John Terry to fil the center back slot maybe!

i'd rather have colin todd

hello bud,

I think we were at 7 or 8,000 last season. We have 5000 season ticket holders & maybe get 4 or 5 full houses a season, depending on the game & importance. I know it sounds poor but we are a small city with 2 pro clubs. We are obviously the "Bigger" club but the city is pretty much split down the middle for support. We did have 35,000 at the 2010 cup final, it was just a big wall of tangerine inside hampden...you should check it out on youtube. :)

Best wishes for the future.

hello bud,

Haha, 7 or 8 thousand? That's not poor man St Mirren are me second team pal so I know what poor is! We couldn't even sell out of cup final tickets, nevermind take 35,000!

Archived