Johnny Russell

Ramchope

Except for last year, when they beat Barcelona to qualify for the knockout stages :unsure:

If Celtic bid, he will go there, bigger money, CL, bigger crowds, and dont have to up roots, I cant stand the team myself, but the days are gone when we can compete with them.

good point, I forgot about that. One-off though, general point stands!

If I'd played in the SPL and had the chance to get out, I would, new experience and all that. For every one game that might be interesting, the next five are cr@p.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't be in Dundee United's interests to sell him to Celtic. After all, there are easy European places up for grabs in that league, so United have plenty to play for themselves.

If I was their chairman I'd only sell to Celtic if they doubled Derby's bid.

good point, I forgot about that. One-off though, general point stands!

If I'd played in the SPL and had the chance to get out, I would, new experience and all that. For every one game that might be interesting, the next five are cr@p.

In what way was Celtic getting to the last 16 of the Champion's League a one off? Celtic have reached the last 16 three times in the space of six years. Not bad for a team in a "pub league". Your original post was stupid, and then your follow up post was even sillier. Care to check your facts next time you post?

If Celtic steal Russell away at the last minute I will be driving up to Glasgow to punch Neil Lennon in his stupid face... I have Monday and Tuesday off work so will definitely have the time...

I'm tempted to do it anyway :lol: Alan Shearer is a legend for his boot to his horrible grotty face

If Celtic were interested, they'd have declared an interest and thrown their hat into the ring long ago. They wouldn't wait until a fee had been agreed with another club and the player had agreed terms and was planning a medical.

It's just silly Scottish paper talk, stop panicking people.

Clough needs to take after his father here. Get to East Midlands, flight to Tenerife, take the contract poolside and get it signed.

Can't sign a contract until he's had the medical, which I don't think they do in most "all-inclusive" holidays... 

There is still work to do before Dundee United striker Johnny Russell becomes a Derby County player, according to his agent.

United have accepted an offer for Russell from the Rams but subsequent reports that the 23-year-old has put pen to paper are jumping the gun.

Russell, who has a year remaining on his contract at Tannadice, is away on holiday and it is understood personal terms have been agreed and the player will undergo a medical at the Rams' Moor Farm training ground next week.

Russell's agent John Viola said: "A fee has been agreed with Derby County and Johnny is going down there next week for a medical and to have a look around and look at the set-up.

"That's where we are at the moment — nothing has been signed. We are happy with what has been discussed so far and Johnny going down there some time next week is the next step."

Russell has attracted interest from a host of clubs both north and south of the border, as well as from Italian side Catania who finished eighth in Serie A last season.

Dundee United knocked back a couple of offers from Catania, while Derby's Championship rivals Huddersfield Town and English League One club Sheffield United also made unsuccessful moves for the player in August and January respectively.

When asked if it was possible that Russell might not end up at Pride Park, Viola added: "Of course, if another club showed an interest and met Dundee United's valuation of the player. Like I said, nothing has been signed.

"Johnny Russell is a very good player and he has attracted a lot of interest both from other clubs in England and abroad. It is well documented that a Serie A club has had bids turned down.

"But Derby County have had a bid accepted and Johnny Russell is going down there to look around next week.

"Everybody knows that traditionally Derby County is a huge club in England. It is a Premier League club in the Championship with a good manager, good players and a big fan base." - http://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/football/dundee-united/nothing-has-been-signed-agent-says-johnny-russell-still-to-decide-on-derby-county-move-1.99984?

I'm thinking of ringing Daybreak,and having a chat to Lorraine Kelly,as she's from Dundee.

She can phone Russell,and tell him that we don't eat children,this side of hadrians wall,and what a jolly good lot we are.

I'd shag Lorraine Kelly.

Nowt to do with Russell, just saying that's all.

Archived