Derby County v Watford

froggg

Bris has very entrenched, strong views on the way football should be played, influenced greatly by the culture he lives and has fallen in love with. That's at odds with a lot of us. Mexico is a world away from Mickleover.

We all have our different personalities don't we, and Bris likes to tie his colours to the mast on issues and it's difficult to take them down. The best way to deal with that would be for people to have a little more grace in their response. Slowly slowly catchy monkey and all that.

Although there's a part of Bris that loves to bite back too so I've just wasted my time writing that probably. Maybe. I dunno.

I strongly disagree. It's got nothing to do with his views on how football should be played. I'ts got EVERYTHING to do with how critical he is towards DCFC>

I think he deserves all the stick he gets and I find it staggering that he then has the audacity to come back on and give it the big boo hoo about how he gets picked on.

I find it bizarre that anyone who has read what he has written over such a sustained period can defend him.

I'm not being aggresive or abusive when I say he makes me want to vomit. I'm just airing my views on an open forum. The same that he does every time he posts.

I'm not saying anything i wouldn't say if he was standing right next to me.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I judged him from games I'd seen of him over the past season.. Not on one game, like you are doing.. But please, tell me I'm wrong once again, tell me how good a player he is based on one performance..

What do you describe as negative play? I describe it as shying away, passing sideways/backwards, not looking up or looking to create space for others.. I mentioned before regarding Bailey, despite being deep lying midfielder, he has a rare talent that many NPC midfielders don't have and that is that he can lift his head and pick out a forward pass.. Something I've rarely seen Coutts do.

But he did it once other twice vs Watford so that makes statement true.. Just like when I say we have a poor mentality late on in games so we go and score a late equaliser for the first time in years therefore that fact can now be brushed under the carpet.. Right?

More shots than Bailey did in a season? Ok boss.

You are unbelievable. You twist and turn like a twisty turny thing.

1. How have i judged him on the Watford game when we argued about this weeks ago.

2. I have made no judgement on how good he is and clearly stated in my post that I wasn't commenting on his quality.

3. Negative? He beat 4 men and crossed for Ward to score. He did this on several occasions for PNE. In the games I have seen him play for Derby, he has made forward runs, he has beat men, he has had attempts on goal, he has has picked out good passes in all directions. You cannot find one person to agree with you on this. this is because you are wrong. I think you know you are wrong and just don't want to lose face,

4. Your poor mentality theory was great, It even allowed you to comment on games you hadn't seen.

I'm not calling Bailey, praising Coutts, or saying who is best, I am simply saying your comment that Coutts is a more negative player than Bailey wrong and I don;t know if anyone who agrees that he is.

I judged him from games I'd seen of him over the past season.. Not on one game, like you are doing.. But please, tell me I'm wrong once again, tell me how good a player he is based on one performance..

What do you describe as negative play? I describe it as shying away, passing sideways/backwards, not looking up or looking to create space for others.. I mentioned before regarding Bailey, despite being deep lying midfielder, he has a rare talent that many NPC midfielders don't have and that is that he can lift his head and pick out a forward pass.. Something I've rarely seen Coutts do.

But he did it once other twice vs Watford so that makes statement true.. Just like when I say we have a poor mentality late on in games so we go and score a late equaliser for the first time in years therefore that fact can now be brushed under the carpet.. Right?

More shots than Bailey did in a season? Ok boss.

That bit highlighted above Bris. Does that criticism count as retention when Barcelona or Spain do it?

Coutts seems to be a right decent signing so far. Much better option than Green or Bavies could ever give us. Early days yet but very promising.

Bris has very entrenched, strong views on the way football should be played, influenced greatly by the culture he lives and has fallen in love with. That's at odds with a lot of us. Mexico is a world away from Mickleover.

We all have our different personalities don't we, and Bris likes to tie his colours to the mast on issues and it's difficult to take them down. The best way to deal with that would be for people to have a little more grace in their response. Slowly slowly catchy monkey and all that.

Although there's a part of Bris that loves to bite back too so I've just wasted my time writing that probably. Maybe. I dunno.

I just think those with realistic views (often called negative) are more likely to get criticised and recieve the 'I told you so' posts than those with fairytale views (often called happyclappers).. It's even more cringeworthy when they base it on one particular moment or one game like the above comments

Have I ever done a 'I told you so post' to those that have got things completely wrong?..No. Because if I had people would accuse me of taking enjoyment in Derby Countys failings..

It's easy to say 'I told you so' when something good happens.. If I post a 'I told you so' after we predictably get humped by Leicester City at the Walkers like usual or when we concede yet another late goal what do you think the reaction will be? I'll probably get banned (again) for causing WUM type comments

Just because people have conservative/realistic views of Derby or compares them with an outsiders perspective doesn't mean they're any less of a fan

I just think those with realistic views (often called negative) are more likely to get criticised and recieve the 'I told you so' posts than those with fairytale views (often called happyclappers).. It's even more cringeworthy when they base it on one particular moment or one game like the above comments

Have I ever done a 'I told you so post' to those that have got things completely wrong?..No. Because if I had people would accuse me of taking enjoyment in Derby Countys failings..

It's easy to say 'I told you so' when something good happens.. If I post a 'I told you so' after we predictably get humped by Leicester City at the Walkers like usual or when we concede yet another late goal what do you think the reaction will be? I'll probably get banned (again) for causing WUM type comments

Just because people have conservative/realistic views of Derby or compares them with an outsiders perspective doesn't mean they're any less of a fan

This has nothing to do with you being negative or positive. This is to do with your judgment of Coutts, which is flawed. Don't play the poor, put upon me card

Bris, you don't make it easy when you tell people a certain player is not very good when thousands of us have just seen him play well. You are asking us to believe you and not something we have just experienced for ourselves.

Try and see it from our perspective occasionally..........

You are unbelievable. You twist and turn like a twisty turny thing.

1. How have i judged him on the Watford game when we argued about this weeks ago.

2. I have made no judgement on how good he is and clearly stated in my post that I wasn't commenting on his quality.

3. Negative? He beat 4 men and crossed for Ward to score. He did this on several occasions for PNE. In the games I have seen him play for Derby, he has made forward runs, he has beat men, he has had attempts on goal, he has has picked out good passes in all directions. You cannot find one person to agree with you on this. this is because you are wrong. I think you know you are wrong and just don't want to lose face,

4. Your poor mentality theory was great, It even allowed you to comment on games you hadn't seen.

I'm not calling Bailey, praising Coutts, or saying who is best, I am simply saying your comment that Coutts is a more negative player than Bailey wrong and I don;t know if anyone who agrees that he is.

You're the one twisting and turning..

What did we argue a few weeks ago? You mean when I had opinions of him based on the previous season? And I stick to the same opinion.. You tried to prove a point, or disprove mine, with a youtube video.. Good one.

You have made no judgement, you posted a youtube video of him and basically said I was wrong, so if I was wrong then you had made a judgement of him yes?

He did this on several occasions for PNE? Or do you mean on your youtube video? So now you choose one game against Watford to back up your point.. Again, Tyson is a worldclass finisher, watch his youtube video..

My poor mentality thread was great, it allowed me to shove the facts in your face (you were calling out for them for a while) on the games that I had seen.. Then you came back with 'you weren't at the stadium/the TV doesn't tell you the whole story so it doesn't count' classic..

Am I on PBW's ignore list?

I'm quite critical (we've been below average for years making the same mistakes under Clough) and I also agree with Bris a lot. Especially on how important it proves to be in the grander scheme to learn how to dominate opponents rather than get scrappy 1-0 wins until the level is upped.

When we play like (45mins) v Sheff, parts v Bolton, Wolves (great performance) and Watford I won't moan at all even if results are off. Big picture for me. Billy Davies taught a lesson.

If I'm on anyones ignore list I'll walk. Swear down. Except the Hindge. Cheating fooker

Bris, you don't make it easy when you tell people a certain player is not very good when thousands of us have just seen him play well. You are asking us to believe you and not something we have just experienced for ourselves.

Try and see it from our perspective occasionally..........

I saw him play well too.. I also saw Pearson play well a few times, Tyson score some crackers and Bob Malcom put in a performance worthy of the Lee Carsley mould..

But what's going on here is people are saying 'I told you so' based on one performance against Watford.. So if he pulls out a dire performance in our next match, does that give me the right to post 'I told you so' back.. I personally wouldn't do it, as like I mentioned here, it would be looked upon as WUM type posts..

Everyone loves to be proved right by something good, no-none enjoys being proved right about something bad..

I saw him play well too.. I also saw Pearson play well a few times, Tyson score some crackers and Bob Malcom put in a performance worthy of the Lee Carsley mould..

But what's going on here is people are saying 'I told you so' based on one performance against Watford.. So if he pulls out a dire performance in our next match, does that give me the right to post 'I told you so' back.. I personally wouldn't do it, as like I mentioned here, it would be looked upon as WUM type posts..

Everyone loves to be proved right by something good, no-none enjoys being proved right about something bad..

Coutts has started his Derby career very well imo. I have no idea what he was like for PNE (and I don't really care), all I can say is he has improved our squad a little and is noticeably better than others who have played right mid in recent seasons.

It is more than just the Watford game that he has played well in, for us, though Bris. He has made a very good start to his career here. He doesn't look like the player you described. I have seen 3 games and he looked very good for the majority of all the games. Strong running, excellent balls into the box, shot when he had a chance to, kept the ball well. The type of right midfield player we have cried out for since Bisgaard/Reich/Smith/Tudgay was out the under Burley

Coutts has started his Derby career very well imo. I have no idea what he was like for PNE (and I don't really care), all I can say is he has improved our squad a little and is noticeably better than others who have played right mid in recent seasons.

You just beat me to it 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

You're the one twisting and turning..

What did we argue a few weeks ago? You mean when I had opinions of him based on the previous season? And I stick to the same opinion.. You tried to prove a point, or disprove mine, with a youtube video.. Good one. The fact that I challenged your judgement then, means I'm not judging Coutts on Watford.

You have made no judgement, you posted a youtube video of him and basically said I was wrong, so if I was wrong then you had made a judgement of him yes? I said I didn't make a judgement on how good he was, merely what type of player he was.

He did this on several occasions for PNE? Or do you mean on your youtube video? So now you choose one game against Watford to back up your point.. Again, Tyson is a worldclass finisher, watch his youtube video.. What makes you think I have seen him play less than you? I have seen him play for PNE. I clearly made reference to other games this season. You don't need to watch hundreds of games to see what type of player he is. Other than invent a time machine and take you to games I have seen him play in, both for Derby and PNE, how else can I show examples?

My poor mentality thread was great, it allowed me to shove the facts in your face (you were calling out for them for a while) on the games that I had seen.. Then you came back with 'you weren't at the stadium/the TV doesn't tell you the whole story so it doesn't count' classic.. 'shove facts in my face'? nice aggressive touch. Again you try your watching on TV/stadium smokescreen, when you commented on a game you hadn't seen in any format

Find one person who agrees with you.

Find a quote from NC which describes him as this kind of player.

Find a quote from PNE fans when they came on here and talked about him.

Explain how a negative player has created 4 assists in 5 games.

Jamie Ward and Paul Coutts are both in the top five for assists in the Championship so far this season. In fact Coutts has totted up more goal assists in four matches than James Bailey has in two seasons. Better player? Well, I can't say for sure, but those are the stats.

[url=http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/DivisionalAssists/0,,10794~20127,00.html]http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/DivisionalAssists/0,,10794~20127,00.html

Archived