Anders Brevik

derbydan

[size=5]MASSACRE monster Anders Breivik grinned as judges jailed him for just 21 years for taking the lives of 77 people.[/size]

[size=3][size=5]Breivik, who admitted the killings, was declared sane by the court - and told he must serve a minimum of only TEN years.[/size][/size]

[size=3][size=5]Breivik, 33, flashed a clenched-fist salute as he appeared in Oslo District Court to receive his judgment and smiled as it was read aloud.[/size][/size]

[size=3][size=5]Wearing a dark suit and sporting a thin beard, the killer smirked as he walked in to the court room and raised his fist.[/size][/size]

[size=3][size=5]Breivik, blew up the Oslo government headquarters with a fertiliser bomb, killing eight, before gunning down 69 at a summer youth camp.[/size][/size]

[size=3][size=5]The 21-year sentence is the maximum term that can be imposed in Noway but officials can prevent his release indefinitely and are expected to do so if he still poses a threat.[/size][/size]

[size=3][size=5]Breivik had rejected prosecutors’ arguments that he was mad, and had said he would appeal if he were ruled insane.[/size][/size]

[size=3][size=5]Judge Wenche Elizabeth Arntzen said: “In a unanimous decision ... the court sentences the defendant to 21 years of preventive detention."[/size][/size]

[size=3][size=5]If Breivik had been declared insane he could have been detained for life in a mental hospital.[/size][/size]

[size=3][size=5]He will be kept in isolation inside Ila Prison on the outskirts of Oslo inside relatively spacious quarters that include a separate exercise room, a computer and a television.[/size][/size]

[size=3][size=5]Criminal guilt was never an issue as Breivik acknowledged and described in horrific detail his murders.[/size][/size]

[size=3][size=5]His 10-week trial focused on his sanity, with prosecutors arguing he should be declared insane and held in a mental hospital, not jail.[/size][/size]

[size=3][size=5]21 years & he could be out in 10??? what an absolute joke [/size][/size]

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought i was in transfer talk for a moment.

I didn't think it was a Clough type signing.

Honestly though. I've got nothing to say about this man. Its obvious what he's done and what should be done to him, so i don't think it has that much conversation to it.

Put him in the chair, don't even bother wasting tax payers money keeping him in prison.

Is he sorry? Is he ******.

21 years for killing 77 people..that's pathetic.

I've lost a bit of respect for the Norwegians over this sentencing, I honestly think the law should have been changed specifically for this case. What is to deter some other nut from carrying out something similar knowing that the worst that can happen is the possibility of being banged up for 21 years.

It was dispicable what he did to those young people, if he can't swing for his actions, the very least he should get is life with no remission.

The fact that the families of the victims will be contributing to his upkeep via their taxes is all the more galling, personally I hope he dies a slow and painful death.

Archived