Wednesday Fans

DDCC

Awesome away support, I can't recall many better at Pride Park. Some different songs as well rather than the usual generic crap.

They are possibly as good as any in the country now Man Utd are not what they used to be. Leeds and Spurs are good, Villa, West Ham as well but Wednesday are as good as any.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually disagree.

With the numbers they brought I expected more. VERY quiet when they went a goal down and almost mute when 2 down. Some repetitive songs and little imagination.

Lovely group to walk to the ground with and realistic to boot. Shows what we were playing against when they will be happy to finish 12th!

Yeah but anyone can be that noisy when you take 6000 fans somewhere. Trouble is there are only about 4 or 5 other clubs in the country that will have away numbers like that and we're not one of them. Probably a record number of away fans at PP as well, with them in the west stand as well.

When it's only an hour down the M1 and first game of season after promotion you would expect any team to bring a lot of fans.

Though I did hear talk of some of them abusing a disabled Derby fan after the game, now that was nice of them!!

Going Slightly off topic, but after the game me and my mate (unless it's really wet) come out of South East corner and head towards Audi dealership using the waste land between South stand and South car park. However yesterday Stewards stopped us doing that and directed us into 6000 Sheff Weds fans, THANKS ALOT!!!! I was spat on, verbally abused, kicked (nothing major) and a swung punch at me just because I was a Derby fan. I have never ever had trouble with fans with that waste land and never known there to be a problem so why they stopped me I don't know.

Great support. ***** team. Silent when they went a goal down, like statues after the second. They're a team that's used to winning and after seeing Norwich and Southampton do back to back promotions, I think they thought they were going to have that type of season. Not with that team you won't! If we can outplay them, most people can.

I like to think we'd be that noisy if we took 6000 to Hillsborough, but it's probably wishful thinking.

Don't like wednesday fans..

Arrogant yorkshire tw@ts......a bit too much like Leeds.

And they sang thro the minutes silence for tommy powell a few years ago.

Sheff united fans are ok though

Don't like wednesday fans..

Arrogant yorkshire tw@ts......a bit too much like Leeds.

And they sang thro the minutes silence for tommy powell a few years ago.

Sheff united fans are ok though

Sorry Ramnut, I have to respectfully disagree with you there. Although I won't tarr all Blades with the same brush - what some said and did after Evans was sent down was disgusting and I'll admit to having no time for them.

And I'm from Yorkshire, does that make me an arrogant tw*t too? Of course, that's your opinion but please don't liken us to some Leeds fans, that's like comparing Derby fans to Forest ones, the lowest insult of all and I'd spend all day disagreeing with you 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Remember when United fans stopped off at Derby and smashed it up for fun?

I think every club has it's own percentage of idiots Private, just some are a lot worse than others.

Archived