Transfer Spending

Stedcfc

We didn't pay as much for Jacobs as what people think, i know one of the Derby players and he said it was 150-200k up front( can't remember which) Rising to 450k with add-ons

Which one ???

I bet you come up with one of the usual reasons for not saying 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We didn't pay as much for Jacobs as what people think, i know one of the Derby players and he said it was 150-200k up front( can't remember which) Rising to 450k with add-ons

Expect to see him in the shop window in an undisclosed number of games' time, then.

Which one ???

I bet you come up with one of the usual reasons for not saying 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

There isn't a particular reason i won't say , i just don't think i should, haha, but i'm not lying, i do know a player.

I wonder if we're spending a bit more money simply cos the group of owners were all over together, it was reported that they had seen first hand what kind of players we've brought in and what kind of characters we've brought in so far. Maybe they've seen how close knit we are and that we really are just one piece of the jigsaw missing Maybe as well now that Andy Appleby is more involved on a day to day basis he gets to see some of the things that need improving and gets to see the frustrations when we can't improve it for the sake of a couple of quid.

One thing for sure, by the end of the window we'll have signed a boat load more players than we were initially promised. Whether it comes from the Shackell fee, the varney money or wherever I don't really care.

It's been a very decent summer so far and by the sound of things it's going to get even better in the next few days.

is riski signing? also maybe the lack of spending in previous years was because of tom glick. now he's left, who knows?

I think it's the biggest mistake derby have made selling shackell: one of our best players (arguably best) didn't want more money etc. Sold him for 1.1m and brought keogh in for estimated 1.2m-ish on all reports i've heard...cant figure that one out myself. In my opinion we are also lacking a striker so couldn't fathom selling maguire especially for a loss also!

I think it's the biggest mistake derby have made selling shackell: one of our best players (arguably best) didn't want more money etc. Sold him for 1.1m and brought keogh in for estimated 1.2m-ish on all reports i've heard...cant figure that one out myself. In my opinion we are also lacking a striker so couldn't fathom selling maguire especially for a loss also!

You've not read this thread have you?

Playing me dusty springfield records.....did i miss anything?

Some of us want Clough out. Some of us want GSE lined up and shot. Some of us know we're getting relegated.

On the other hand. Clough is working miracles with whatever he can find. GSE are running the club sensibly and we'll be promoted by March.

These message boards wait for no man

Playing me dusty springfield records.....did i miss anything?

I'm still good at posting good posts, b4 is b4, Chris Pedduck don't like puns, Davey B might be Stefan Galinski, Belper might be Connor Doyle, and you can add all your Sammon puns into the offishal transfer thread.

That puts you about up to date.

Do you really think that players get told this sort of information?

That's not for me to know, it's what he tells me. He's told me lots of things before and what will happen soon and never been wrong, so i'm sure he must find out something.

That's not for me to know, it's what he tells me. He's told me lots of things before and what will happen soon and never been wrong, so i'm sure he must find out something.

Players may or may not know who is coming in and out of the club but I very much doubt they are privvy to all of the financial details of transfers.

Players may or may not know who is coming in and out of the club but I very much doubt they are privvy to all of the financial details of transfers.

I bet they are. They'll know the details of their own, and will of course talk amongst themselves.

In - Keogh 750k-£1.2m

Jacobs 400k

Coutts £150k

Sammon £1.2m

Gjokaj - undisclosed

O'connor -undisclosed

Hoganson -Free

Out

Shackell -£1.1m

Addison - £150k

Maguire - £250K

Green -Free

Ball - loan

(received £300k for Varney)

Davies - 600k

On reported fees

Transfers received - 2.3m

Spent on transfers - 2.5-2.95 m

Not counting unreported undisclosed fees for Oconnor and Gjokai.

In - Keogh 750k-£1.2m

Jacobs 400k

Coutts £150k

Sammon £1.2m

Gjokaj - undisclosed

O'connor -undisclosed

Hoganson -Free

Out

Shackell -£1.1m

Addison - £150k

Maguire - £250K

Green -Free

Ball - loan

(received £300k for Varney)

Davies - 600k

On reported fees

Transfers received - 2.3m

Spent on transfers - 2.5-2.95 m

Not counting unreported undisclosed fees for Oconnor and Gjokai.

Thanks for that info, nice to know how deep the American pockets are 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

I still think derby need a centre back that is a good quality for the championship even on loan just while barker is injured and then get a defensive midfielder as Clough seems to love huff ball in the second half and also a striker like pitman

Archived