Is Mr Nigel Clough tactically good enough at this level and should he go?

Davey B

Shake n Bake

"Is anyone else really embarrassed about the result?

We must be the laughing stock of English football."

No we were already that with our very short visit to the top flight !!

What a state we are in no money and and looking at A Wigan cast off as the way forward,

PS can someone tell me how to copy and paste on here?

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I disagree mate, no amount of positives can outweigh what happened last night. We were 5-3 up with 2 minutes of injury time to go, that should be enough to win a game. We are the only team in english football with the ability to throw a way a 2-0 lead in injury time. Never mind losing TWO 3 goal leads. I don't usually get bothered about losing a game, I've always supported Clough even after some awful performances but last night is embarrassing. I actually felt ashamed of the team i love last night for the first time.

[size=8]ಠ_ಠ[/size]

[size=8][size=6]11 points...[/size][/size]

This over reaction is completely bizarre. If we'd lost 8-2, I'd be worried, if we lost 6-3, I'd be a bit worried, but it was a 5-5 draw, it happens. Its happened before and it'll happen again. Sometimes these things happen, get over it.

I dont think there was any surprise about the result, just the manner of it. We have been knocked out by lower league teams for the past how many seasons, and to me shows that past out first 12/13 players we will struggle no matter who we are playing.

Is it NC fault, is it the players, well both have to take some responsibility, the last time (I think) we conceded 5 we were playing a CB as a full back, they never recovered from that, and any team that loses a game from being 3 up at HT, and 2 ahead going into the final minutes must also take the blame.

What amuses me, is some of the ratings given out by fans, Ive seen 7's and 8's for our back four excluding Naylor, for players that were on the pitch when we shipped 5 goals, if thats them playing well then we are going to have problems this season. Football is not always about what you do on the ball, its also reading the game, being in the place at the right time, something we lacked last night, it was like sunday morning defending by all, not just one.

You just need to make sure you put your text outside the square bracketed quote bits 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

OK I have it now (not very bright, but nI can lift heavey things) 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I dont think there was any surprise about the result, just the manner of it. We have been knocked out by lower league teams for the past how many seasons, and to me shows that past out first 12/13 players we will struggle no matter who we are playing.

Is it NC fault, is it the players, well both have to take some responsibility, the last time (I think) we conceded 5 we were playing a CB as a full back, they never recovered from that, and any team that loses a game from being 3 up at HT, and 2 ahead going into the final minutes must also take the blame.

What amuses me, is some of the ratings given out by fans, Ive seen 7's and 8's for our back four excluding Naylor, for players that were on the pitch when we shipped 5 goals, if thats them playing well then we are going to have problems this season. Football is not always about what you do on the ball, its also reading the game, being in the place at the right time, something we lacked last night, it was like sunday morning defending by all, not just one.

The ratings were from people who went to the game.

OK I have it now (not very bright, but nI can lift heavey things) 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Not bright?

Mate, to come up with a name and picture like yours you are positively dazzling! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wub:' />

That's worth a dozen likes any old day of the week.

Welcome aboard mate

It was a bizarre game and despite conceding 5, the starting back four played well. Everyone at the game was saying the same.

We conceded 5 in the second half, they played well with the ball, not without it which is my point. These are professional footballers, and if you asked any of the players Im sure they would agree, that as a team that should not be happening, it dont make them good, bad or average players based upon one result, but to say they defended well to me is the bizarre bit.

Anyway this will rumble on for ever, football is all about opinions so we will just have to disagree :-)

We conceded 5 in the second half, they played well with the ball, not without it which is my point. These are professional footballers, and if you asked any of the players Im sure they would agree, that as a team that should not be happening, it dont make them good, bad or average players based upon one result, but to say they defended well to me is the bizarre bit.

Anyway this will rumble on for ever, football is all about opinions so we will just have to disagree :-)

I never said we defended well. I said the original back four played well. That is the difference. Naylor had a shocker and we ended with a midfield of Jacobs Coutts Bavies and Bennett who offered no protection.

I never said we defended well. I said the original back four played well. That is the difference. Naylor had a shocker and we ended with a midfield of Jacobs Coutts Bavies and Bennett who offered no protection.

That's an interesting point.

Looking at the list of our available midfielders, we don't appear to be blessed with an overabundance of cover in the defensive midfield stakes. Especially if we really are intent on selling Bailey.

I'm not going to blame Clough for the substitutions, I would have done the same last night and the same again.

Both Bryson and Roberts are important for Saturday and have not played much pre-season. We were in control of the game.

No-one could foresee then what would happen and both Davies and Naylor are capable of playing at this level.

No-one could foresee then what would happen and both Davies and Naylor are capable of playing at this level.

I would guess that if Gjokaj and Freeman sign then Naylor won't be playing that much. Best thing we could do with him is get him out on loan and get some experience at someone else's expense.

Archived