Is Mr Nigel Clough tactically good enough at this level and should he go?

Davey B

I dont know why people dont think Hughes cant play central, he was exellent against Scunny in there and there are plenty of slight central midfielders in modern football.

He looks far more effective in central than he does out wide. He's the sort of player a team's play needs to go through, and he can't really do that out wide. Problem is Nigel wants to play four in midfield and the Bryson and Hendrick partnership in the middle, so wide it is for Hughes, until we switch to three in the middle.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wolves went up with Henry and David Jones playing there.

Thank you for agreeing with me. Henry is an experienced defensive midfield hardman who allowed Jones to play. We don't have one. Hence we have two midfelders who can tackle a bit, Replace one with Hughes and there would be so little cover that we would concede goals ie last twenty minutes of Ssausagehorpe

Thank you for agreeing with me. Henry is an experienced defensive midfield hardman who allowed Jones to play. We don't have one. Hence we have two midfelders who can tackle a bit, Replace one with Hughes and there would be so little cover that we would concede goals ie last twenty minutes of Ssausagehorpe

Agree with that.

Hughes and Bryson would look very tidy on the ball but I don't know who'd put a foot in. 451 is the only formation we can get our best players on the pitch in their best positions. Hendrick and Bryson can just about make a tackle between them. Have to play.

I think it was a 4-3-3. did you see ward and Jacobs getting back I didn't. Also I agree with sage if Hughes plays CM, gotta be a 3 in the centre with 1 pushing up to help the fish.

Finally I think Hughes won't last Charlton and Burnley so in the game Hughes doesn't start I would play to big strikers up top in Sammon and Robinson, with Ward Bryson Hendrick Coutts across the middle.

Do you know how tall Robinson is?

I wouldn't call him a big striker! Tyson, maybe...

I agree.

I still think central midfield is a problem for us it has never been addressed properly I don't know if NC is not a fan of solid defensive midfielders but he often seems to bring in lightweight players for that position. The Bryson-Hendrick combo is fine but they tend to struggle and sometimes get overrun, away from home especially. I'm not a big fan of Bryson he has a great engine, but he flatters to deceive for me as he does not have enough quality, however I think his game would benefit from playing with a solid CM, so would Hendrick's.

We just need a destructive midfield brut to sit in the middle of the park and stop the opposition midfield from playing and getting through. I had hoped Addison would have been able to do that for us but sadly not.

I agree.

I still think central midfield is a problem for us it has never been addressed properly I don't know if NC is not a fan of solid defensive midfielders but he often seems to bring in lightweight players for that position. The Bryson-Hendrick combo is fine but they tend to struggle and sometimes get overrun, away from home especially. I'm not a big fan of Bryson he has a great engine, but he flatters to deceive for me as he does not have enough quality, however I think his game would benefit from playing with a solid CM, so would Hendrick's.

We just need a destructive midfield brut to sit in the middle of the park and stop the opposition midfield from playing and getting through. I had hoped Addison would have been able to do that for us but sadly not.

apart from the assessment of bryson who i think is a very good plyer - i agree entirely.

the midfield pairing is not good enough to see us through a season - for exactly the reasons you state. it does worry me that we seem to be short in that area - and have been for some time.

(unless JH starts winning more tackles)

Central midfield is arguably the most important position on the pitch, to have played 51 league games at the age of 20 is some achievement but I want to see more than sideways passes from Hendrick. We have a player in Hughes who can do what Hendrick does, give him a chance centre mid, better still accommodate all three in central positions. I read on twitter Hughes likes to play behind the front man why not -

Fielding

Brayford-Keogh-O'Connor-Roberts

Hendrick-Bryson

Coutts Hughes Ward

Sammon

Central midfield is arguably the most important position on the pitch, to have played 51 league games at the age of 20 is some achievement but I want to see more than sideways passes from Hendrick. We have a player in Hughes who can do what Hendrick does, give him a chance centre mid, better still accommodate all three in central positions. I read on twitter Hughes likes to play behind the front man why not -

Fielding

Brayford-Keogh-O'Connor-Roberts

Hendrick-Bryson

Coutts Hughes Ward

Sammon

that's what i think we might see soon...

Although on paper that team looks good, I don't see the goals in it regularly.

I think Sammon will be lucky to score ten for the season, and none of the others have more than 5 above them.

We'll play 'pretty' footbally at times but we'll be crying out for players to go through the middle and make runs. We simply don't have that - and Robinson is the only one I feel does this at all. If you look at strikers, they all make runs through the middle.

Just think to yourself, when was the last genuine time you can remember Ward making a run through the middle onto a through ball - he simply doesn't.

1 shot on goal against Huddersfile sums it up.

Playing Doyle, lets not even go there.

Why can we all see it and Nigel can't? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' /> Wont happen though, he's trying to push this Sammon/Ward partnership so Hughes won't get a look in up top.

maybe we see the obvious because its a carp idea and nigle is a tactical genius and knows what he's doing.

What has happened to Johannes Antonius Bernardus Metgod,he has not put his spoke in yet this sesson.

Take it in turns don't they? I remember Crosby being shoved at cameras first. Then Metgod. Last year Garner. This year it will be Mason Bennetts PE teacher

Take it in turns don't they? I remember Crosby being shoved at cameras first. Then Metgod. Last year Garner. This year it will be Mason Bennetts PE teacher

Hope they give Dangerous a go on the match previews on Ramsplayer too.

"So, Dangerous, looking forward to the mighty Rams' clash with the Hornets tomorrow?"

"No. Draw at best".

Archived