Theo - What do you think he's capable of this season?

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone fancy a wager? Cos i dont think he'll score 20 goals. I'll bet anyone a tenner that next season he wont score 20 goals or more?

It's strange how so many people think he'll score 20 goals or more when last year only 2 players in the entire Championship managed this feat, both for teams that got promoted. People think that Theo is gunna better Vaz Te and Ricky Lambert's record from last season in a side that will most likely finish mid/lower table.

It's a very one-sided bet because who knows what formation we will play, who we will sign and what injuries will occur. I would bet you he scores better than 1 in 3 in games he starts.

15 maybe, at a push.

I was so critical of him when he first signed, but he has definitely improved as a footballer. His first touch and finish have developed alot over the last 12 months, although there's still room for improvement.

I don't think it's an embarrassment that he's our most potent goal threat, at all. He frightens defenders to death because of pace. He'll struggle to beat an intelligent CB with the ball at his feet, but knock it ten yards ahead of them and he's odds on to get to it.

I think we'll have goals more evenly spread around the pitch - Ward, Coutts, Jacobs, Robinson could all chip in with 10+, so the reliance on him might be slightly reduced.

If we actually win a few penalties this season, and Theo is first choice taker, then that will help his goal tally.

I still dont think he will get 20 league goals.

I notice some people are changing it to 21+ goals in all competitions which is different.

It's a very one-sided bet because who knows what formation we will play, who we will sign and what injuries will occur. I would bet you he scores better than 1 in 3 in games he starts.

Could say that about any goal scorer bets people would be making with the bookies for the upcoming season.

Better than 1 in 3 isnt too difficult, i'd expect him to achieve that, for example 7 goals in 20 appearances, still not brilliant is it.

10 goals in the league and matching last season's total is what I expect from Theo. Whether he's capable of more, who can be sure?

He's young, raw and inconsistent so to get into double figures again this season would be a major achievement.

Anything more would be a pleasant surprise in my opinion.

Could say that about any goal scorer bets people would be making with the bookies for the upcoming season.

Better than 1 in 3 isnt too difficult, i'd expect him to achieve that, for example 7 goals in 20 appearances, still not brilliant is it.

Ok, name me a CF in the championship who is evens or worse to score 20+ goals this season. It's a ****, one-sided bet, that no-one would bet on any championship CF even Rhodes. Better than 1 in 3 is decent. If he plays every game, he scores at least 16 league goals.

I think he'll score every time he plays and will set a new world record but I don't know which one.

Cloughie made me laugh on ramsplayer - "I didn't think Theo played very well tonight but that's what he's like, he got two goals"

Come on Nige, stop being boring and join the Theo orgy...

Ok, name me a CF in the championship who is evens or worse to score 20+ goals this season. It's a ****, one-sided bet, that no-one would bet on any championship CF even Rhodes. Better than 1 in 3 is decent. If he plays every game, he scores at least 16 league goals.

Exactly, a **** bet for anyone who decides to take it and make me a tenner better off.

Was making the point that anyone who genuinely thinks he'll score 20 goals or more should put a friendly wager on it.

If you're crazy enough to think Robinson will score 20 league goals this season, then you must think players like Rhodes, Kevin Doyle, Marlon King etc are gunna score about 50.

4 in 4 in pre season, can he carry on his form into the league though? Course he can, a good omen is that he was my top scorer on FM 12 when i played with Derby in the 2012/2013 and we got promoted, finshing 2nd. Watch this space...

Archived