The Olympics Thread

-JW-

As far as I'm concerned, the more cycling the better!

If anyone's looking for sports that should be reviewed - Basketball. Seriously, who other than the US, is going to win this? Just about the most nailed-on Gold medal of the entire games.

Can we have dominoes in next time?

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to state that earlier I rubbished the olympics and Seb coe as being an extravagance that this country neither needed or could afford,and that I wouldnt be watching.

I have been glued to the tv waching it.It has been fantastic,especially the cycling.Ive thoroughly enjoyed it and the only time I havent supported Team GB is in the football....and phillips idowu

And it's only made the sweeter by the amount of bellyaching from the Frogs, who can't understand that we're just better than they are.

For those offended by the racially stereotyping use of the word Frogs, I do of course mean cheese eating surrender monkeys.

I think the stuff with the wheels is a psychological ploy on our part - there's absolutely nothing special going on with the wheels I'm sure, but the French in particular now seem convinced that we have 'magic' wheels that are somehow unbeatable. Bauge looked like a beaten man all the way through that final against Kenny.

Not so much a 'psychological ploy' more a joke that L'Equipe took seriously.

Dave Brailsford told French reporters that we were using special 'round wheels'. In fact it is simply having the right training, preparation and peaking at the right time.

Archived