The Olympics Thread

-JW-

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply
World cycling boss Pat McQuaid tells BBC Radio 5 live that he will lobby the International Olympic Committee [iOC] to add more cycling to the Olympic programme. "Team GB have shown the link between road success and track success, and bringing good road cyclists onto the track," he said. "I want the IOC to expand the track programme and add an extra endurance event, one for men and one for women."

More cycling - yes please! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' />

I would like to state that earlier I rubbished the olympics and Seb coe as being an extravagance that this country neither needed or could afford,and that I wouldnt be watching.

I have been glued to the tv waching it.It has been fantastic,especially the cycling.Ive thoroughly enjoyed it and the only time I havent supported Team GB is in the football....and phillips idowu

I must admit, before the opening ceremony I wasn't that bothered, but we ended up watching that, which put me right in the mood - since then I've been glued to the TV set almost all day, every day. God bless garden leave! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Re the boxing and the tennis - from memory I think each sport in the Olympics is administered by that sport's governing bodies, hence it's entirely up to those governing bodies as to what the criteria is.

I would like to state that earlier I rubbished the olympics and Seb coe as being an extravagance that this country neither needed or could afford,and that I wouldnt be watching.

I have been glued to the tv waching it.It has been fantastic,especially the cycling.Ive thoroughly enjoyed it and the only time I havent supported Team GB is in the football....and phillips idowu

You wanted Andy Murray to win? Booooooo!

Archived