John Egan

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derby County boss Nigel Clough wants Sunderland’s young Irish centre-half John Egan to join on loan - and fill skipper Jason Shackell’s boots.

Clough will ask old pal Martin O’Neill to let him have the defender for first-team action.

Egan is keen to play in the Championship after some games at Crystal Palace last season.

Egan is the type of no-nonsense centre half that Clough wants after being forced to sell Shackell to Burnley to raise funds.

Clough missed out on Joel Lynch when he joined Huddersfield and is unlikely to land Richard Keogh from Coventry - with Cardiff first in the queue for him

Never heard of this lad.

Christ if this happened.

http://drx.typepad.com/psychotherapyblog/images/2007/09/17/pitchforks

and as patient as I try to be, if we replace Shackell with a loan player who's 19 when we already have Naylor, OB, Galinski and Lelan all young centre backs on the books. It just seems daft to me, I wouldn't of been surprised if we was after lynch, but wages huddersfield can spend out are just incredible, and he wanted a 5 figure a week deal which was outted by millwall earlier in the window and Keogh has a lot of better off sides in for him. I surely cannot fathom the idea the 3rd choice is a kid from sunderland with 2 apps both at different clubs, and not one for his parent club.

I think if this was to happen that season ticket revolt would pick up, ridiculously fast.

Am I the only person happy with OB and Bucko at the back?

No. I'd be ok with that as well. I'd prefer someone else in alongside but if that's what we've got then I wouldn't throw a wobbler.

They've both got hearts the size of buckets. Bucko did enough to earn his spot based on his performances last season and OB is the future.

Am I the only person happy with OB and Bucko at the back?

Nope, lots of others would be as well, Forest, Ipswich, Burnley, I guess the rest of the league would be rubbing their hands together at the prospect as well.

deliberate phrase there considering ob's operation last year.... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Fixed it for you Rimbaud.

I think it's quality how brave OB is. I don't just mean for coming back from a heart op, I mean from throwing ANY part of his body in front of a ball to try to stop it.

You can't teach anyone heart and he had more of it at 16 than a lot of our ex big money players will ever have.

Never heard of him so will reserve any judgement until he actually signs and plays. Would be a bit underwhelming though considering we have young centre backs already at the club. Would prefer someone like Higginbotham or another ex-centre half who has Prem experience to guide the centre halfs we currently have.

i agree - he's still young and i reckon he will become a good player for us. perhaps not really top notch but i don't reckon he looked out of place last season

i saw him at the gym and he looks in good shape - he did have two portions of chips tho'!

(so i did too...)

Archived