Away following

In fairness we haven't done well away since Billy Davies was in charge. Once we see improvements in our away form and performances then we will take more fans, even this season we lost more away games than we won.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully Brighton is on a Saturday this year, was good last year but would be good for us to bring a lot down there, great away trip.

Sheffield Wednesday is an absolute c*nt to get to, went to the drabbest 0-0 there a couple of years ago, didnt get on a train back down south till about 7 oclock.

Gutting about all these southern clubs leaving the division.

[url=http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/AwayFollowings/0,,10270,00.html]http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/AwayFollowings/0,,10270,00.html

Apparently we took nearly a quarter of Peterbrough's total attendance, yet couldn't even reach 2 thousand for the likes of Leeds Leicester and Coventry?

Peterborough is cheap and its standing on the terraces like the good days! Which makes massive different

How do the posh still get away with the standing?

They don't.

You get three years in the second tier before your terrace becomes a danger to public health and must be shut down. Pretty sure it's in the process of being dismantled, or at least it's living on borrowed time.

Cardiff got away with theirs for so long because they were moving grounds.

And yes, our away support is ****. No matter how you dress it up "not successful", "rubbish away from home", "too expensive". Leicester and Forest totally p*ss all over our numbers and noise (although Forest's did decline somewhat last season when it all went sour under Maclaren), and even the likes of Barnsley and Burnley take similar numbers to us despite being way smaller and having longer trips in general.

Don't know why ours is so bad to be honest, and couldn't really care. If we start to look like winning the league, we'll soon have 3,000 hangers on flooding our support. I just wish everyone didn't buy a membership for Forest, purely for that one game, forcing me to get a membership also, just to guarantee a ticket. Sort the priority order out DCFC!

When you compare with the away attendances at Pride Park, our away following doesn't look that bad at all. Birmingham are high, but that's typical day one. Leeds, West Ham & Saints are standouts, but two of them were promoted, and the other wasn't even close haha! is a big club that weren't ripped off on ticket prices.

I was in the crowd at Peterborough. I wanted to go to Ipswich, but it fell wrong with work, I was interested in going to Coventry, but it was on TV so I saved my cash. And Pride Park is like traveling to an away ground for me (3hr drive/train), so I'm just pleased I got there 5 times.

When I used to live near Hillsborough (we're talking the 70's here though) - there used to be the No. 53 bus from Pond Street bus station that went straight past the stadium. Think it's still running but it might be No. 5 now.

When I used to live near Hillsborough (we're talking the 70's here though) - there used to be the No. 53 bus from Pond Street bus station that went straight past the stadium. Think it's still running but it might be No. 5 now.

the '3' may have been nicked..

Archived