Rams fans - a very long serving fan!

Jessy-J

My girlfriends grandad has been a rams fan for most of his life , he is now 88 years old and went to his first match in 1933 with his father, he has held a season ticket every year since 1944 and has hardly missed a home game.

Do the club have a way of celebrating this by a pitch walk on for him or a mention or something? I know this would make him a very happy man and would secure him as a fan a few more years! :-)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What would be the best route for me to get something sorted for him? Bearing in mind I am not into footie!

I just think that commitment like that must be hard to find and that it should be celebrated! :-)

If you could find the date of his first game in 1933 you could ask the club to help celebrate his 80th anniversary as a Rams fan.

Obviously if he started going in or after August, you might have to wait til next season (13/14) to celebrate an oficial 80th anniversary but if he started going in say February 1933, which would count for the coming season, then surely the club could accomodate such a long standing supporter. My guess is they would love it.

Good luck.

Yes it's crazy isn't it! We knew he had been going a long time but he casually dropped it in to the conversation yesterday just exactly how long! I will do a bit of stealth interrogation on him tomorrow and find out the exact details.

Really!!!

Well they always have been with me. Took my neice for her 3rd birthday to the rams fans dining had a meal n stuff, she loved Steven Bywater - luck had it that he was injured and was the player to come round and have photo's with - we had spoken to the club beforehand and they got him to sign a birthday card for her and he came over to our table especially to see her - although she was so gobsmacked she didn't speak to him. Just a little thing, but it left us with a good image of the club.

If you don't ask, you don't get.

Archived