Jeff Hendrick

MrsRam

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As it is with all talk of selling players and what they are worth, the questions remains, would you pay that much for him/them?

if we had the money, I'd be delighted with Hendrick for 2million!! especially as we've seen Carroll who would cost around 5million come in and look poor in comparison!

if we had the money, I'd be delighted with Hendrick for 2million!! especially as we've seen Carroll who would cost around 5million come in and look poor in comparison!

How is Carroll worth that's as he has played a handful of games? No chance he would cost that.

If that $2mill is re-invested in the team then absoloutely, get rid of him..

He's not even that good, what joker wrote down $5mill? Bailey and Hughes could take his position and we wouldn't even be that worse off and with that $2mill we could buy a quality RW and another CM.. Just think Leigeterwood was signed for $500k, Scott Sinclair $500k etc.. These sort of players could help us out big time..

Some people are living in a dreamland if they honestly believe Jeff will be our CM playing the PL or we sell him on for big sums.. Selling him for $2mill and re-investing would probably be the best piece of business we've done in years

How is Carroll worth that's as he has played a handful of games? No chance he would cost that.

Highest rated young player at Spurs at the minute, with the tag of their academy director of being the brightest prospect to come out of it in recent years, I however think otherwise but people in the game know and rate him highly, tipped to be breaking through the spurs set up soon as well, and for my money Hendrick is the better player, by a long way.

If anyone tried to sign him, it would be very expensive... valuation doesn't go on amount of games played, otherwise Rooney wouldn't of cost 25million at 18 years of age.

There are lesser players going for more money, and there are better players going for less money, we just have to make sure we are not sold short. Hendrick is definitely a player that could play at a higher level, sooner rather than later.

Highest rated young player at Spurs at the minute, with the tag of their academy director of being the brightest prospect to come out of it in recent years, I however think otherwise but people in the game know and rate him highly, tipped to be breaking through the spurs set up soon as well, and for my money Hendrick is the better player, by a long way.

If anyone tried to sign him, it would be very expensive... valuation doesn't go on amount of games played, otherwise Rooney wouldn't of cost 25million at 18 years of age.

There are lesser players going for more money, and there are better players going for less money, we just have to make sure we are not sold short. Hendrick is definitely a player that could play at a higher level, sooner rather than later.

Sorry but Rooney had already made an impact on the prem at 16 and had at two years at prem level before his move, Carroll has yet to do nothing, Livenmore is even in front of him and playing games. He is valued no where valued near 5 million and if they thought he was that good he wouldnt have been at us it would have been a side gunning for promotion or a prem side. Some people rate him highly maybe but if Rednapp did he would have been around the squad.

Totally agree we should not be underselling or best young players for a quick couple of million , from what I have seen Hendricks probably will become a Prem player eventually , what our American Masters should be doing is building the club into a Prem outfit and taking advantage of those of our younger stars now .

All players have ambitions and if the club does not show that DCFC has a hunger to succeed and improve then we will always be a mid /bottom of the table selling club or worse , but we will have sold off our talent on the cheap just to make a fast buck.

In the next 3 to 4 months its going to be very interesting to which way DCFC are to go .......hang on to our talented players and add 2-3 moderately priced experienced hands ...........or sell for a fast buck whoever we can and replace with lower league makeweights.

Next seasons position is not going to be won on the pitch alone but on what DCFC do and our rivals do in the closed season.

Sorry but Rooney had already made an impact on the prem at 16 and had at two years at prem level before his move, Carroll has yet to do nothing, Livenmore is even in front of him and playing games. He is valued no where valued near 5 million and if they thought he was that good he wouldnt have been at us it would have been a side gunning for promotion or a prem side. Some people rate him highly maybe but if Rednapp did he would have been around the squad.

[url=http://www.thenational.ae/sport/football/teenager-tom-carroll-growing-in-stature-at-spurs]http://www.thenational.ae/sport/football/teenager-tom-carroll-growing-in-stature-at-spurs

[size=3]

Sherwood represented England, lifted the [url=http://www.thenational.ae/topic/subjects/english-premier-league-(epl)]Premier League title with Blackburn Rovers, played for Tottenham and is a respected pundit for Al Jazeera television. The Spurs' technical co-ordinator is not known for hyperbole or empty platitudes so you listen and you listen good when he says Carroll has the ability to hold his own in the same team as Xavi and Iniesta.[/size][size=3]

"He could play for them [barcelona], no question," Sherwood said. "He's got the lot. He's technically good enough, sees a pass, can pop it [the ball] round the corner and only Jake Livermore [the 21-year-old midfielder] runs more than him in a game in the first team."[/size]

[size=3]

probably think his **** 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' /> who is this chavy and inibellybutton [/size]

Rooney also had a fantastic Euro 2004.

[url=http://www.thenational.ae/sport/football/teenager-tom-carroll-growing-in-stature-at-spurs]http://www.thenation...tature-at-spurs

[size=3]Sherwood represented England, lifted the [url=http://www.thenational.ae/topic/subjects/english-premier-league-(epl)]Premier League title with Blackburn Rovers, played for Tottenham and is a respected pundit for Al Jazeera television. The Spurs' technical co-ordinator is not known for hyperbole or empty platitudes so you listen and you listen good when he says Carroll has the ability to hold his own in the same team as Xavi and Iniesta.[/size]

[size=3]"He could play for them [barcelona], no question," Sherwood said. "He's got the lot. He's technically good enough, sees a pass, can pop it [the ball] round the corner and only Jake Livermore [the 21-year-old midfielder] runs more than him in a game in the first team."[/size]

[size=3]probably think his **** 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' /> who is this chavy and inibellybutton [/size]

Carrol has a VERY VERY VERY long way to go before he can be compared to players like Xavi or Iniesta. At Carroll's age Xavi and Iniesta had broken into the Barca team.

Clough has said that Hendrick and Bryson are our first choice centre midfield pairing for next season, so I doubt he would be willing to sell for 2M as I think that would not match Clough's valuation.

IF the 2M is given to Clough to re-invest what are the guarantees he can use that to bring in the quality to improve us overall?

My fear is that we sell now and this young lad develops into a top midfield player and we practically gave him away.

I hope we can keep hold of all of our young promising players long enough to see what they can blossom into and hopefully that will be they will play in the Prem with us as they are entering their prime!

Hendrick is made for a lower Premier League club. He never panics and doesn't seem phased by a fast-paced game. How many times does he put a foot wrong in tight situations?

Once or twice he's done enough to convince me he could be better than that, but he's one of those players who will be incredibly competent for his entire career, whatever level he plays at. A John O'Shea, if you will.

The lad could be a squad player for Norwich now. I'd say wait a bit - it would be best for both parties. He needs another season with us to find out what kind of player he's going to be.

Archived