Saul Deeney

Rampant Rob

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given that Matts Morch's also been offered a pro contract, and that Fielding's guaranteed the first team spot - you'd think that 5 goalkeepers on full time contracts fighting over the reserve team spot is a bit over the top (Fielding, Ledzgins, Deeney, Atkins, Severn, Morch)

Maybe he'll let Legz out on loan. He looks a decent keeper and probably needs a few games tbf.

Maybe its mistaken loyalty.

Maybe its all part of the masterplan.

Maybe its because I'm a Londoner.............

Legzdins in my book is better than Deeney when i've seen him, so I'd be more inclined to let Deeney out on loan if push comes to shove. He can't have long left on his contract, he arrived in the summer of 2009, and i can't see him signing a longer deal than 3 years?

I don't get this. People comparing Ledzkins to Deeney? One who won player of the season at Burton and the other who was 4th choice? This is completely bizarre. I just can't understand this. How is he still at Derby? Is there something I'm not seeing?

The something your not seeing is that he had a very serious injury and has taken a season to get right again. Now is his chance to get back in to training and fight for a place in the squad

Surely it would be more sense to keep one of Atkins/Severn in case they develop into a saleable asset.

I don't think Atkins has done as well as everyone expected at Burton, he was seen as one for the future and now Matts Morch is progressing well. Severn's time will be done here if he's out of contract, Atkins may have another loan somewhere.

Deeney is on a low wage and just gets on with it like Bucko, I would expect he'll keep the bench warm while Ledgzins goes out on loan.

• 5 months later...

Archived