Michael Jacobs

Chris Peduck

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we end up losing Shack and Davies, id personally like to see us sign some established Championship players instead of gambling on unproven players. Its great when a gamble comes off, but i think its time to make a couple additions that will take us to the next step. I would like to see us go for Greg Halford or someone of that nature, would be a great asset.

If we end up losing Shack and Davies, id personally like to see us sign some established Championship players instead of gambling on unproven players. Its great when a gamble comes off, but i think its time to make a couple additions that will take us to the next step. I would like to see us go for Greg Halford or someone of that nature, would be a great asset.

Even if we let these established players go, I still think the board have their mind on lowering the wage budget by another couple of million at least.

Davies may not be on much as it is, Shackell perhaps on a fair wage but I really don't see anyone established coming through the doors this summer.

Even if we let these established players go, I still think the board have their mind on lowering the wage budget by another couple of million at least.

Davies may not be on much as it is, Shackell perhaps on a fair wage but I really don't see anyone established coming through the doors this summer.

No Prem for us for afew years then.

Northampton sign Alex Nicholls is this Jacobs replace meant hope link workes

[url=http://www.ntfc.co.uk/page/newsdetail]http://www.ntfc.co.uk/page/newsdetail

http://www.ntfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10425~2793933,00.html

Better link.

Northampton Town have agreed to sign Alex Nicholls from Walsall under the Bosman ruling upon the expiry of his current contract. Nicholls will officially become a Northampton Town player from July 1st.

The 24 year old who can play on the wing or up front, has spent his entire career at the Bescot Stadium. He has made more than 200 appearances, mostly at League One level, scoring 24 goals. He was offered new terms to stay with the Saddlers but decided to make the move to Sixfields.

there's an article in todays Northampton Chronicle about Michael Jacobs

he hasn't signed his new contract and they are juggling with trying to get the best offer / time this could take /the need to get a replacement and the possibility of leaving it to tribunal really making life difficcult for themselves. They seem to expect a valuation of at least £500k from the tribunal but maybe they are deliberately exagerating ?? And perhaps Nicholls IS the replacement.............?

Thanks for that. Not sure that I agree with it though to be fair. I can see that there needs to be something in place to stop young players walking out on clubs that have paid towards their development but I don't think that there should be any "add ons" imposed.

If a player goes on to make a number of appearances for their new club and maybe even reach international standard it is not necessarily the input from their former club that have enabled them to do so. It should be a one off payment of X amount OR payments based on future success, not both.

Archived