Q+A Session Tonight

randombc

Morning All,

Basically I've been invited to a Q+A session tonight with Clough and Glick in which I get a tour around Moor Farm and put questions to them about current issues. I have a few questions of my own, but I thought I'd ask you all if you have any questions which you'd like me to put forward to them?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do you avoid flair players?

Why do you insist on playing people out of position when we have people who can play them positions?

Can you give maguire a bit more of a chance?

When we play attacking football we seem content and a very good team. Why do we always seem to be so defensive?

saying all this i'm a fan of Clough.

Few I can think of...

'What sort of budget are we looking at this summer, do we need to cut back our wage bill?'

'IF we have a small or no budget, why look at strikers when we've got one out on loan impressing in this division, would seem like a massive waste of money'

'Are we likely to have to sell first team players this summer to balance the books'

and what are the minimum expectations for next season?

I know it's harking on about the past but...I'd be really keen to find out what happened during pre-season of last year that stopped or blocked the signing of Eustace plus the prolific striker.

Was it pre-agreed they would only be signed if we got enough of the free loaders out of the door or did the investors pull the plug on the extra cash needed/committed to for those extra two signings?

1. You have recently stated that you need a player that can change a game, and score a goal out of nothing. Could you give me a few list of players in the championship that fits this criteria that you currently admire? Personally I rate the likes of Adam Lallanna, Lewis McGugan and Jason Butterfield, however all these players would cost in access of £1 million. Would you have the owners backing to go out and spend a 7 figure sum on a player that has the ability to do this? Lastly, we did have a player in the past that was able to create a chance out of nothing in the role of Kris Commons, who managed to score 13 goals before Christmas time, which is more than Steven Davies or Theo Robinson has managed over the course of the season, does is frustrate you that the club will probably lose out financially as you would of saved on a hefty transfer fee and the addition of further wages to the squad if you’d managed to tie him down to a new contract? Also the fact that we could be much higher up the table?

2. Which academy category will the club fit into?

3. Is there any maximum timescale the club has put in getting back into the premier league, and how much longer will the board be able to keep covering a multi million pound short fall?

4. What sort of budget are we looking at over the summer, and do we have to cut back again on the wage bill?

5. If the budget over the summer is small, why have we got Chris Maguire out at a club, scoring goals, and impressing the clubs supporters, when we have other strikers in the team that have failed score in many more appearances that Chris Maguire was subjected to at Derby?

How does this sound?

Can we have a couple of Fan representatives on the board

Maybe elected ones. The idea is to give us fans some real representation on the board.

Linked to the above will they consider allowing fans to buy into a small Fan Ownership Share. This could help fans provide some extra investment on the condition the funds are put towards transfer funds or boosting the Academy.

Archived