Carroll

Asanovic

Not Vorderman, our Andy.

Can't help but think he's being mismanaged by Dalglish. Not saying he's worth £35m but I do think he could be a really good player in the right team, with the right system.

Surely if you're going to fork out that sort of dough, you need two very good wingers to provide service. They obviously thought they'd bought that in Downing, but he's been pants.

Look at Crouch - he has Etherington and Pennant, and is scoring fairly regularly for Stoke.

Feel sorry for the lad for the amount he stick he gets - Dalglish should shoulder much of it, in my opinion.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He'll score regularly in the right team, well... he'll be alright was never ever worth 35million, isn't anywhere close to that standard and has never shown it.

Torres has proved before he was world class and has all the attributes to getting back there at 50milllion(still mental price, however) whereas what has andy carroll done to prove anything other than being average, and more often than not he has looked incapable of cutting it in the prem, he was hardly brilliant against us at this level, buxton kept him completely out the game in that summer we were after him for 1million, and it took HALF a season of looking 'decent' to warrant 35m.

he would do fine if he were playing for Stoke and he had cost them 2 million.

He's worth more than two million!

He'd do fine if he had decent wingers. Dalglish is just clueless and doesn't seem to know how to get the best out of his players.

While we're on about Liverpool - Brad Jones will be in goal against Everton in the Cup semi.....both other keepers suspended and the FA have refused them permission to sign a loanee in time for the game......

and he should have been sent off last night....very lucky...

Come on the Toffee's..!

and he should have been sent off last night....very lucky...

Come on the Toffee's..!

Can't work out how the ref failed to dismiss him, very strange decision.

I have a sneaky suspicion that Everton might just win the Cup - Moyes 10 years etc, etc.....the fickle football fairy works in mysterious ways............

Carroll is a very good striker on his day. Around the end of February-beginning of March he was looking like the striker who hit form at Newcastle, scoring regularly and setting up a fair few (his performance against Man Utd in the cup was one of the best of his career) but along with the team he's dwindled again.

On his day, a very good Premiership striker. Never worth £35million but certainly a very good striker capable of 15-20 goals in the Premiership. He just doesn't seem to suit the way Kenny wants to play and, in my opinion, he shouldn't have ever left Newcastle.

I have to say, I have always admired Liverpool- not liked- but this season has completely changed that for me. Horrible club, horrible manager and a lot of horrible players.. I used to respect Kenny but this season he is coming across as arrogant and rude. The suarez situation obviously left a bad taste but the way the club handled it was disgusting.

Also, do they brief their scouts to scour the world for players with terrible haircuts and tattoo sleeves, what's that all about?

As for Andy, a 10 million pound move to a proper club (Newcastle?) would resurrect his career I should think.

Peter Crouch is in all honesty a better player than Andy Carroll.

Andy Carroll was brought in as a top 4 striker, he is unproven as a top 10 striker, would be more suited lower down the league not exactly bless with tonnes of ability either, just don't get it.

I have to say, I have always admired Liverpool- not liked- but this season has completely changed that for me. Horrible club, horrible manager and a lot of horrible players.. I used to respect Kenny but this season he is coming across as arrogant and rude. The suarez situation obviously left a bad taste but the way the club handled it was disgusting.

Also, do they brief their scouts to scour the world for players with terrible haircuts and tattoo sleeves, what's that all about?

As for Andy, a 10 million pound move to a proper club (Newcastle?) would resurrect his career I should think.

Not good enough for Newcastle, would rot on their bench... Ba and Cisse are head and shoulders above him.

Not good enough for Newcastle, would rot on their bench... Ba and Cisse are head and shoulders above him.

True, I can't believe that Newcastle has managed to unearth those 2. Finding one would have been brilliant but to have them both at the same time is unbelievable!

I have a sneaky suspicion that Everton might just win the Cup - Moyes 10 years etc, etc.....the fickle football fairy works in mysterious ways............

The ref bottled it..!

Hope you are right about the toffees.

I reckon he took pity on them, although if he gave the penalty he has to send him off. If he'd gone off, they'd have been down to nine men, and Blackburn would have won it IMO. I also think (and hope) Everton win the Cup this year, if only to give some recognition to how good (and underrated) a manager David Moyes is.

Whilst not worth $35mill people forget that he is Liverpools player for the foreseeable future.. He's an investment, they have him for another 10 years..

People look at him and think he's a donkey but in 3 or 4 years he could turn out to be as good as Alan Shearer and then people won't question the signing..

It's not like buying Shevchnko for $30mill and getting 2 years out of him.. They have Carroll for about 10 years, that's $3.5mill a year.. If he helps them to the Champions League for 5 or 6 years straight then you can look at that money as 'well spent'

Surely the biggest bargain in football was Cristiano Ronaldo.. Bought for $12mill, helps Man Utd to 3 consecutive PL titles as well as 2 CL finals (1 win) in 3 years plus other various cups, not to mention his 'brand' with merchandising and sponsors and then get's sold for $80mill... He probably made Man Utd $150mill alone.

Archived