well done lads made us proud

B4ev6is

well the lads have done the double over the red scum and the dirty leeds, and maybe the play offs can still be done and i think were 7 games unbeaten now, and i think if we can win against boro and hope one or two results go our way we could be 2 points behinde 6th place, and if we can get a result against portsmouth we can maybe take it to the last day of the season, against peterboro at home get a win there we could maybe sneak last place in 6th and yes i have doubted the lads making the play offs a few weeks ago and yes i know i said derby can we the league early in the season, but back then i saw no reason why not even if we don't make the play offs it has shown the lads get compete with the best in this divison. and this is message to nigel come on we can still make the play offs try believeing in the lads for once. and once massive well done to the lads.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well the lads have done the double over the red scum and the dirty leeds, and maybe the play offs can still be done and i think were 7 games unbeaten now, and i think if we can win against boro and hope one or two results go our way we could be 2 points behinde 6th place, and if we can get a result against portsmouth we can maybe take it to the last day of the season, against peterboro at home get a win there we could maybe sneak last place in 6th and yes i have doubted the lads making the play offs a few weeks ago and yes i know i said derby can we the league early in the season, but back then i saw no reason why not even if we don't make the play offs it has shown the lads get compete with the best in this divison. and this is message to nigel come on we can still make the play offs try believeing in the lads for once. and once massive well done to the lads.

We're not unbeaten in 7 (2-0 defeat to Brighton). But yes, I agree we can make the play-offs, but don't deserve it. The lads haven't done a good enough job imo.

We're not unbeaten in 7 (2-0 defeat to Brighton). But yes, I agree we can make the play-offs, but don't deserve it. The lads haven't done a good enough job imo.

We won't get in to the top six.

But if we did, surely that's proof enough we would have done a good enough job?

I am more of the opinion that where we finish is where we deserve to finish, whether it is sixth or twelfth.

you can't deny the effort there alright but if we can we all four remaining games we can make the play offs, and like last week game against ipwich town we would have lost that last season. so come on show some faith in the lads, and as it showed when we believe in them they fight us like we do for them.

I'm all for nicking the points what's left to grab a p/o place but to do this the teams above us would have to lose their matches wouldn't they, plus we'd have to win the rest of ours.

P/o's not impossible and you can never say never but it's unlikely me thinks.

we need to stand as one as a unit we all in this togather when we win we win togather when we lose feel togather like every ball kick we feel the same. basicaley where there is a way to win or make the play offs there alway hope and a will.

We've not exactly had the happiest of times down in Welsh Wales over the past couple of seasons.

Let's remember not to be too disappointed at a point vs Cardiff.

That's ALL this team has to do next year, in places where we picked up a point, push on and pick up all 3, in places where we've been likely to face a drubbing, battle for a point. It's not rocket science this footbally stuff.

At Cardiff a point will be a superb result.

As for this year - it's kept us excited but we won't make it folks. Sorry but we won't.

Of course we wont make the play offs.. We will finsh exactly where we deserve to finish, just like every other team in the league.

So if we do fluke the play offs we will have deserved it? Or is it because other teams lost?

Its impossible to fluke the play offs.

You finish in the top six by being better, over a season, than 18 other teams.

You then get to to the Play off final by beating one of the other teams that finished in the top 6 over two legs.

You then win the play off final by scoring more than the opposition on the day.

There's no way we'll finish in a play off spot this season - but if we did, it wouldn't be a fluke - it'd be because of where we finished in the league.

it's lovely not having to work 16 hour days - it gives me more time to spount ******** on here.

I'd settle for either of these scenarios now and then just go to bed until August. No point arsing around with the cricket.

Scenario A - preferred.

We beat Boro 3-0, we beat Cardiff 2-1 to go level with points on 66, we beat Portsmouth who are already down in superb fashion 3-0, then in front of a packed pride park and a bicycle made for 33 with Meuspach and his boys riding the whole way here signing "derby derby give me your answer do...." Cisse following from finland and boycie struggling to get out of cleethorpes alive, we scrape a nervous 2-1 to beat the posh and finish 6th by two points.

Then we draw West Ham in the play off semis - lash them but draw 2-2 at pride park with them getting a ridiculous penno for handball to equalise - then we smash them away as well only to be harshly knocked out by an offside goal in the second leg. We come next year with unfinished business and a cool million in turnover from the two po games added to the coffers.

Scenario B - acceptable.

We beat Boro, we draw vs cardiff we beat pompey and we go into the last game of the season 2 points behind 6th place Cardiff needing and 4 goals and a Cardiff loss to overhaul them. we can only win 3-0 and watch frustratungly as Cardiff go behind early - but then snatch a point - we finish outside the PO's only on goal difference of -2...but proud that we had such a good crack.

We come back in next year with unfinished business.

The fact we are debating this speaks volumes, especially when you consider the massive overhaul in smashing the wage bill that has occured.

I was thinking about this last night and yeh, it could go to the wire. Gosh that could be weird - we wouldn't know whether to invade the pitch until 5 minutes after the peterborough game :-|

Archived