What Are You Listening To?

AndyB

Did you get to see him?

No, I couldn't get a bullet proof vest in time and didn't wanna take my chances  :unsure: 

Sadly I couldn't make that night though due to work commitments but I have been told by a mate that he's coming to THE BRUNSWICK (!!!) on the 6th December! How he got talked into playing there I will never know but it should be pretty awesome  :D

Listening to the new Less Than Jake album, been going for over 20 years. They were one of my favourite (ska-punk) bands as a teenager, and I still love 'em.

How is new Less Than Jake sounding by the way? Not a band I've listened to for aaaages now I'll have to check out the new stuff

No, I couldn't get a bullet proof vest in time and didn't wanna take my chances  :unsure: 

Sadly I couldn't make that night though due to work commitments but I have been told by a mate that he's coming to THE BRUNSWICK (!!!) on the 6th December! How he got talked into playing there I will never know but it should be pretty awesome  :D

yep, he is, make sure you get down there to see him, i am totally gutted i cant get over for that....same night i am going to see Jake Bugg in Zurich...then the Fratellis the night after and Babyshambles the day after that....should be a great weekend...

How is new Less Than Jake sounding by the way? Not a band I've listened to for aaaages now I'll have to check out the new stuff

It's a hard question to answer, I generally either like a sound a band makes, and subsequently the vast majority of their songs, or I don't. Their only true misfire to me was In With The Out Crowd.

If I said I really, really like Anthem, would you hold it against me? GNV FLA was the last full album before the new one, but there's a 5 track EP 'Greetings From LTJ' which I think is excellent.

All I can say is I'm enjoying it, it puts a smile on my face. I wouldn't try to compare it to another album of theirs. It's nothing revolutionary but it's fun, it's very them.

As usual, the songs on youtube videos are those that would make least impression, like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5JhLyCfGtw

Oh and there's a 4 DVD Box set (Anthology) where they play the Pezcore/Streak/Rockview/Borders/Anthem/Crowd albums in full (plus some b-sides), an essential purchase IMO.

The entirety of "Hybrid Theory" after the Download announcement!

All for them playing that in full as I really liked it at the time, even if at the time I was 14.

BUT as a headline act? Nah, sod off! They don't have even an hours' worth of worthy material let alone 2. If they were down the bill a bit, fine, but this recent obsession the organisers have with one album wonders needs to stop.

It's a hard question to answer, I generally either like a sound a band makes, and subsequently the vast majority of their songs, or I don't. Their only true misfire to me was In With The Out Crowd.

If I said I really, really like Anthem, would you hold it against me? GNV FLA was the last full album before the new one, but there's a 5 track EP 'Greetings From LTJ' which I think is excellent.

All I can say is I'm enjoying it, it puts a smile on my face. I wouldn't try to compare it to another album of theirs. It's nothing revolutionary but it's fun, it's very them.

As usual, the songs on youtube videos are those that would make least impression, like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5JhLyCfGtw

Oh and there's a 4 DVD Box set (Anthology) where they play the Pezcore/Streak/Rockview/Borders/Anthem/Crowd albums in full (plus some b-sides), an essential purchase IMO.

Hell no, not at all, that album has fantastic songs on! Anthem was actually the first one I bought and then I worked my way back from that.  Definitely a real feel good band and that track you posted sounds good, so I'll have to give the new stuff a listen.