is it time to give youth players another go

B4ev6is

I think nigal should give one or two young derby players go in first team, see which players that might be ready to step up to first team next season, i think one of players like to see masion bennet and that will huges a go and what ever other youth players that might be ready for the step up, i think we should have another look at centre of defance as mark obrain to be little gem until he got injuired if he is fit before end of the season like to see him given another run out.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they'll probably get the odd trot,b4 (for what it's worth,Hughes is my tip for the top).Unfortunately they won't be the answer for next year,as it's experienced quality we need short term.

I think that the investors might start calling for Nigel's head if we don't put out our strongest possible side for at least the next couple of games.

We're 7 points off the play-off places with 9 games left. Clearly getting into the top 6 is very unlikely, but whilst it's still possible I suspect that the investors will require the management to make every possible effort to get there.

When the play-offs become out of reach I think we'll see Galinski and Hughes feature, the former as a potential back up for Barker's backup and the latter as a potential answer to our creativity issues. As Ramblur mentioned, I doub't they will be the answer for next season, but they could both be useful squad players.

I think that the investors might start calling for Nigel's head if we don't put out our strongest possible side for at least the next couple of games.

We're 7 points off the play-off places with 9 games left. Clearly getting into the top 6 is very unlikely, but whilst it's still possible I suspect that the investors will require the management to make every possible effort to get there.

I don't doubt that other clubs are run in that manner but I honestly doubt that we are. I'm not sure that the owners want us to go up yet as it is painfully obvious that we would be struggling to reach 11 points without a massive injection of cash before the prem season would start. I think that everyone behind the scenes is probably quietly happy with finishing around where we are now. It remains to be seen what the intentions are from here on in- if we finish about 11th I dare say that is as far as we can go with little or no investment. If they do want us to improve again, they need to invest around 3 million - a striker that can score, a midfielder that breaks up play and LB cover (presuming Brayford returns or Naylor continues to play well at RB ). Spending around a million each on these players would stand us in very good stead for next season BUT finding them is another matter.

I agree, I feel fans would be short changed of clough stopped playing his best possible team available until the play offs are mathematically impossible, lots may say they wouldn't want us to go up but I do, I want to see p.p full every week and watch the liverpools, uniteds and city's here than Doncaster n millwall on cold Tuesday nights, if we were to go up we should do it as Blackpool did and don't go overboard spending money , we should enjoy being there and go attack teams with what we have, we may even realise we have a few stars in the team ( I.e Charlie Adam) but we should at least attempt the play offs whilst we can!! We have thought relegation for a few years, give the fans something to hope for whilst we in a position to do so

I agree, I feel fans would be short changed of clough stopped playing his best possible team available until the play offs are mathematically impossible, lots may say they wouldn't want us to go up but I do, I want to see p.p full every week and watch the liverpools, uniteds and city's here than Doncaster n millwall on cold Tuesday nights, if we were to go up we should do it as Blackpool did and don't go overboard spending money , we should enjoy being there and go attack teams with what we have, we may even realise we have a few stars in the team ( I.e Charlie Adam) but we should at least attempt the play offs whilst we can!! We have thought relegation for a few years, give the fans something to hope for whilst we in a position to do so

100% agree.

Play our strongest team until the play offs is out of the question - if I had to guess, I'd say it will probably be after this weekend.

We've suffered for years, we're in a no pressure situation, we've beaten forest twice, we're not in a relagation fight - why not just go hell for leather for the top six?

Once it's done and dusted, however (assuming we don't reach the play offs, which is sensible), we need to give as much exposure to first team football as possible to the younger players Clough is thinking of playing next season. These are the lads that will take us up.

Archived