Player Suggestion Thread

DCFC_4_LIFE

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goalkeepers: Were fine.

RB: Brayford and Naylor, Thats okay.

CB: Barker(out) Shackell, Bucko, OB. We need a new CB for Barker. Maybe Paul Robinson from Millwall?

LB: Roberts. I would get that Dixon, he looks decent.

RM: Ben Davies. I would get someone to challenge him.

CM: Bryson, Hendrick, Bails. I would try and get Richie Wellens.

LM: Ward, Tyson, and Ben Davies can play there.I'd say were alright on the left.

ST: Ball, Tyson, Davies, Theo, Bennett, I'd loan out Bally, and get in that Jon Daly from Dundee, and see how we get on.

To get into the top 6 we need at least 2 new full backs, 3 new midfielders and 2 new strikers.

Of that, we need a decent left back, a backup right back, all 3 midfielders need to be better than what we've got (which isnt hard to be fair) and 1 of the strikers needs to be a 20 goal a season striker.

I wouldnt trust Clough to get one of the above.

The priority would be to address all those contracts which expire next year. Pointless bringing players in if we are losing players who are out of contract such as Jamie Ward

I thought we had the option on Wardie til 2013?

Either way, I don't think there would be an issue re-signing him

Doesn't sound like there will be many new signings pre-season, according to Clough's post-match interview. Absolute minimum, LB cover, a midfield general, a tricky right-sided midfielder, and perhaps one or two loans.

That should do it if we get the right guys. I just wish we could get a midfielder like Baiano. Someone who could get us excited. There are plenty of good players for example from Italy and Netherlands who wouldn't put us in bankrupcy. But then again we might get someone from Port Vale. They have even less money to spend than we do.

I think it will be 'bare bones' signings, maybe a cheapie striker from Scotland, and LB cover,(promising like Naylor, from lower league)

Bearing the budget in mind i would like......a striker,a creative midfielder, winger,and cover for Roberts.

My choice,

Striker, Sam Baldock (he's big, promising,and maybe we can 'nick' him?) Go on Tom splash out....

Wing, Matt Richie from swindon,bargain basement right winger and within the budget (i should hope) could develop nicely ?

LB 'cover', maybe John White (Colchester) Rhoys Wiggins (Charlton) neither gonna play for England but steady and within budget

CM and one for the future, Nick Powell attacking midfielder from Crewe.....

Archived