Player Suggestion Thread

DCFC_4_LIFE

goalkeeper: should have signed Schmeichel on a free last summer. Mad Frankie Fielding seems the best option at the moment.

RB I'd like us to have signed Neil Eardley, 2 seasons ago when his contract expired with Oldham. Went to Blackpool on a minimal fee and has looked good since. Brayford is excellent but we have no cover....therefore Mustapha Dumbuya from Doncaster....the new Paul Parker....I think he could cover several positions

http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/javaImages/bb/a7/0,,10329~9217979,00

LB: Nigel could have had Dan Harding on a free. Still looks good for Southampton when I catch highlights on the tele. Roberts is pants. Selling Moxey was stupid in the circumstances. this season the LBs who have impressed me include Greg Cunningham (Man City) who was on loan at Leicester, Neil Taylor (Swansea) - signed for peanuts from Dean Saunders Wrexham last summer, and -the one I'd go for....Scott Barron, Millwall.

CH I still think we need a centre half. Possibly to accompany Barker but....a proper centre half....as Barks has struggled at times. My two nominations ...Jack Hobbs (Leicester) and Ben Turner (Coventry). Hobbs has been displaced by Svens new signings and if Coventry are struggling financially this could be our chance. In fact I'd be tempted to go for both. Paul Tate (Swansea) is good but would cost a huge fee and is right footed - same as Barker - so probably not ideal right now. But I'd blow a big fee on Turner (two Barkers).

http://cdn.fourfourtwo.com/contentimages/interviews/hi/Turner_Small

CB No 12 month loans... thanks all the same.

RM Jamie Ward seems the obvious option, together with Cywka and Davies and Green and....Dean Cox ? Personally I'm happy with the not very intelligent lad from Poland or wherever he comes from.

CM A partner for Bailey....Nigel has been packing the midfield with hod carriers but we need a bit of flair...Darren Pratley (no chance), Dave Jones (no chance) Andy King (no chance) mean this is difficult.....I'd be pleased if we signed Joe Allen (Swansea) and /or Martin O'Connor (Scunny). Still thinking about this one....but not that delinquent idiot from Brum though.

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/51708000/jpg/_51708887_joe_allen_huw

LM Tricky too....can only wish we'd signed Scott Sinclair last summer for £500k...what a bargain, and Dave Martin hasnt had a chance.

Tyson ( no thanks), Tonge (not sure), Bueno (no chance).

CF Ricky Lambert was THE obvious signing two seasons back for £1m when Nigel seemed not to want Hulse, but we made a bit of a mess of that. Now he must be the hottest property outside the Prem and I can't see us geting him although I'd be delighted if we did. Time for Porter to go. Davies to get a final chance for 12 months, but having seen the impact Kuqi had we could do worse than Stevie Howard for another 12 months if all else fails. Pity we missed Charlie Austin and about a dozen others. Ishmael Miller just doesn't seem to ever be fit so he could fit in.

striker Matt Tubbs (Crawley) would be my first choice. Also Simon Cox (WBA). He won't get many opportunities now they play just one up. Shaun Miller would be the fall back for a pacy striker off the bench.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/resources/images/741232/?type=display

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cracking post RamNut !!!

Just one thing, Scunny's midfielder is Michael O'Connor :)

BTW - Shaun Miller is getting better as the season goes on - he has struck up a really good partnership with Clayton Donaldson (at Crewe). He could take on Commons role, with the added advantage that he has good pace.

Cracking post RamNut !!!

Just one thing, Scunny's midfielder is Michael O'Connor :)

BTW - Shaun Miller is getting better as the season goes on - he has struck up a really good partnership with Clayton Donaldson (at Crewe). He could take on Commons role, with the added advantage that he has good pace.

fair enough....I'm not good with names :D

Marlon King played very well today.

He's still a very good all round player and striker.

Shame he's done what he's done. You just can't forgive or forget.

Playing for Notts Forest.

Read the first 3 lines and I thought he was going gay then the last line made me laugh :)

A few names I would like to chuck into the hat, some may be perceived as optimistic but I don't know how far the board are willing to live up to their word but I will say I think we need an influx of consistent experienced players coming in, we have a very young and good squad but inconsistency has been our downfall.

Bosman Players (from who ive seen)

Lee Bowyer - heard it's pretty much a done deal, obviously all rumour at the minute but would be a great signing in this division, his grit and fight will go a long way. I don't know what sort of wages he will want though, that does scare me.

David Murphy - Birmingham left back, not really been in the team this season was one of the best full backs in the division when Birmingham were promoted, I don't know what sort of wages he'd demand perhaps around the 10k-12k mark.

Jordon Mutch - He is an ex Derby youth player but he would be a brilliant signing, obviously Watford, Donny..etc will want him but he is very influential on the pitch.

Jason Roberts - coming into his last few years, 34 next season so I would hope his wage demands won't be that high, I still think he'd be a battling ram in this division.. great striker, massively under-rated.

Gary Taylor-Fletcher - depends on blackpools fate, can't see prem clubs jumping in for him and we'd be able to offer him more money, but if blackpool stay up then obviously he'll stay there.

Victor Anichibe - poor attitude, yes.. watched him yesterday against wolves and he is unbelievably strong and quick.

Giles Barnes - if he doesn't get offered a deal at WBA then we should give him a year, still can't get over how his career has gone, used to ooze class.

Simon Cox - there is going to be lots of competition for his signature, but we've got to show that we're capable of competing with the teams in this division, we've got all the assets.

David Jones - again, I'm wasn't his biggest fan but I do believe we piss his ability to pick a pass and so dangerous on his left foot.

Daniel Dabbidon - injury prone, otherwise decent centre back.. depending on wages worth giving a chance.

I picked these players on the basis that they're not in a position to ask for the same wages or ridiculous wages, obviously people are different still think we should stick with a 15k a week MAX wage cap.

A few names I would like to chuck into the hat, some may be perceived as optimistic but I don't know how far the board are willing to live up to their word but I will say I think we need an influx of consistent experienced players coming in, we have a very young and good squad but inconsistency has been our downfall.

Bosman Players (from who ive seen)

Lee Bowyer - heard it's pretty much a done deal, obviously all rumour at the minute but would be a great signing in this division, his grit and fight will go a long way. I don't know what sort of wages he will want though, that does scare me.

David Murphy - Birmingham left back, not really been in the team this season was one of the best full backs in the division when Birmingham were promoted, I don't know what sort of wages he'd demand perhaps around the 10k-12k mark.

Jordon Mutch - He is an ex Derby youth player but he would be a brilliant signing, obviously Watford, Donny..etc will want him but he is very influential on the pitch.

Jason Roberts - coming into his last few years, 34 next season so I would hope his wage demands won't be that high, I still think he'd be a battling ram in this division.. great striker, massively under-rated.

Gary Taylor-Fletcher - depends on blackpools fate, can't see prem clubs jumping in for him and we'd be able to offer him more money, but if blackpool stay up then obviously he'll stay there.

Victor Anichibe - poor attitude, yes.. watched him yesterday against wolves and he is unbelievably strong and quick.

Giles Barnes - if he doesn't get offered a deal at WBA then we should give him a year, still can't get over how his career has gone, used to ooze class.

Simon Cox - there is going to be lots of competition for his signature, but we've got to show that we're capable of competing with the teams in this division, we've got all the assets.

David Jones - again, I'm wasn't his biggest fan but I do believe we piss his ability to pick a pass and so dangerous on his left foot.

Daniel Dabbidon - injury prone, otherwise decent centre back.. depending on wages worth giving a chance.

I picked these players on the basis that they're not in a position to ask for the same wages or ridiculous wages, obviously people are different still think we should stick with a 15k a week MAX wage cap.

Quite a few similar players to a list I put up somewhere on here.....so I like it :D haha

Thought about Gabbidon too, but the whole 'injury prone' bit scared the life outta me. But IMO a very decent player. Not sure if he has an ongoing injury problem or has just been 'unlucky'. But as long as it isn't the former, then good shout.

I put David Murphy too.........And if we don't 'have a sniff' then I will be very disappointed. He'd be one of the first people through the door.

Check your choice of words. The word that you should have said was changing. Better then GR at left back.

Really? Well you should know doing A-level English afterall.:rolleyes:

Oh and if you are going to correct someone on their terminology get yours right!!

If you are wondering what, you should have wrote "Better THAN GR at left back"

Really? Well you should know doing A-level English afterall.:rolleyes:

Oh and if you are going to correct someone on their terminology get yours right!!

If you are wondering what, you should have wrote "Better THAN GR at left back"

I was joking with you :p but seriously he is with a poor team and they haven't conceded many goals from the left while he has been there.

Quite a few similar players to a list I put up somewhere on here.....so I like it :D haha

Thought about Gabbidon too, but the whole 'injury prone' bit scared the life outta me. But IMO a very decent player. Not sure if he has an ongoing injury problem or has just been 'unlucky'. But as long as it isn't the former, then good shout.

I put David Murphy too.........And if we don't 'have a sniff' then I will be very disappointed. He'd be one of the first people through the door.

Agreed, he played 30 odd times last season in a very good birmingham side that finished in the top half, this season he has been pushed out and forgotten if you will, I also like the idea of bringing two players into the club from the same club, I know it doesn't matter as much with more experienced players than it does younger players but it's always easier to bed in if someone else you know is there, plus a good left back is what we have been missing for the past 10 or something years, since Laursen and Powell there hasn't really been anyone... I'm not saying he is a sure thing but he is a player in his prime, who is proved at this level, no premiership clubs will come sniffing as he is not in the birmingham side however I dont think there will be a shortage of Championship clubs, we just need to sell the club to him.. I'm not saying chuck money to get his signature because that doesn't always work, but like you say at least have ago.

Garry O'Connor

Barnsley cancel striker Garry O'Connor's contract

Garry O'Connor started his career under Alex McLeish with Hibernian

Barnsley boss Mark Robins has expressed his regret that Garry O'Connor's time at Oakwell did not work out after cancelling his contract.

After scoring on his debut in August while on loan from Birmingham City, former Scotland striker O'Connor managed only four goals in 23 games.

But Robins told BBC Radio Sheffield: "The time's right for a parting of the ways. There's only so much you can do.

"You're always disappointed if it doesn't have the desired effect."

could he be worth a punt on a free whats your thoughts

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/barnsley/9456861.stm

is the link

Archived