Music at Pride Park

blackNwhites

Does anyone know who does all the pre match and half time music at PP?

Or could you point me in the right direction?

Mainly so I can ask what the rules are around what can and can't be played on match days, and if they have any instructions on wether they tone it down so as not to excite the fans.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know who does all the pre match and half time music at PP?

Or could you point me in the right direction?

Mainly so I can ask what the rules are around what can and can't be played on match days, and if they have any instructions on wether they tone it down so as not to excite the fans.

Thanks in advance.

Perhaps you could recommend some nice music from Coldplay or Blue? Oh, and get that nice Richard Madeley (inspiration for Alan Partridge) in as DJ.

I love my tunes - but on matchdays I don't think there should be any at all, for 3 reasons which I'm sure have been said on here before

The music that is currently being churned out is imo rubbish

I can't hear myself speak it's so loud

The atmosphere would be better if the fans did it themselves just through talking and chants.

I noticed this for the first time on tuesday night, i've always noticed it's loud,but on tuesday, there fans were singing and it looked like they were all going for it, and i couldn't hear nothing,even struggled to hear my mate next to me!

SBW, matchday music and goal music doesn't help peoples efforts in making PP a better atmosphere.

I think alot of people can stick SBW but the other 2 are horrid, modern day downfalls of football's matchday "experience". In my opinion that is..

I agree, the music is absolutely crap. I was looking around PP and noticing that not one person was even listening or dancing to the music. All it serves for is to drown out the fan, wether thats a fan singing or just talking to their friends, all I saw was the majorty of people staring at the pitch in a sort of trance like depression.

It could be DCFC performances that cause that, but it was the same at the start of the season when we were doing very well.

My conspiraloon self is concerned that's the point. What was pre match music like in the 80's? Was there any? Music is a vast area, it can't be that this crappy corporate ***** is the only music allowed at PP nowadays. There is more enjoyable and entertaining music out there, that any modern fan will like. Things like 'jump', that would be a great song for the team to come out to. It should at least be on the playlist.

If we're going to have music, maybe it could be a designed playlist more catered for the Derby fan. I'm sure other clubs do it, in fact I'm sure there is something of that ilk going on at Cardiff.

I don't like goal music either, I'm pretty certain that is designed to drown out the fan after the initial celebrations have died down. Usually the fans go on for about a 5 minute rendition of their songs, which dies down into spurts of song or teasing the away support.

Something we can all enjoy.

The 'Steve Bloomers' watching song was made in tandem with PP opening, years and years a go. It was crap then, it's even worse now. It was also writtten by a pub/folk music fan, that is just poor. Music shouldn't be butchered like this.

I'm a massive music fan and embarking on a psychology degree, pretty sure there's more pleasent music that won't bring out the warrior of our fans. Just something to dance to, sing along with, JUMP to.

Why do we have the same playlist every single game? Is it because (in the interests of "scrimping") they simply stick a CD in the player & then walk away?

And why does that **** with the mike keep pressing the bloody switch which consequently fades out the music, and then dosen't say anything?

That bloke gets on my tits.

What get's me even more about that tw*t is the "Come on you Raaaaaaaaaaaams" thing. He used to do it in a short, almost tolerable fist pumping style, but he's gradually dragged it out longer and longer and now it's just an unintelligable noise.

He's even started doing it with the goal scorers names "Goal scorer... number 18... Bennnnnnnnn Daaaaaaaaaaaaavies" - just shut the f*ck up - you're not the master of ceremonies at a world title fight, just tell us the team (which he's cleverly outsourced to a bunch of screechy kids), tell us the goal scorers, tell us how much injury time there is and announce the attendance none of which is to be sponsored by ETS Tyre Sales Ltd.

And Rammie - f*ck off and die you annoying c*nt. Or as a compromise just stick to your job which is to entertain the kids at half time.

/Rant

PP officially scraped the bottom of the barrel today with Dexy's Midnight Runners making me ears bleed at HT. I asked a steward who the bloody hell picks the music and he just pointed at the commentary box and said " I know, it's **** innit". 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Please, somebody, get rid. It's an embarrasment.

Agree with every word Joe. Fans always sing as soon as Steve Bloomers watching yet no one can hear bugger all.

Then kids read out the names.

And goal music belongs at Coventry.

They kill what atmosphere we do try to create. Hate home games

Archived