Do you change a winning team?

Damon1985

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep the same team that finished the last game except for buxton, so :

Fielding, Green, Barker, Shackell, Roberts, Hendrick, Bryson, Ben Davies, Tyson, Robinson, Steve Davies.

If Ward was fit, I'd probably be tempted to drop Ben Davies but I couldn't see Clough going that attacking

Yes. IMO.

Tom Carroll will be a good player in 3-4 years time, really don't understand what he's offering our scrappy, workman like midfield at the moment though. He'll ping a few 40 yard balls in the game but apart from that he's a passenger. Unlike our other midfield passengers Tom's alot smaller so has a baby chair.

If Ward was fit I'd go with:

Frankie

Green-Barks-Shack-G'Rob

Bavies-Hendrick-Bryson-Ward

Savies-TheOneWithTheMagicalTouch

Cloughs still got his workmen in there, except this time even though we still have a midget in midfield he offers more. Although he needs to get his finger out, been shizer recently.

I would leave Ward out to be honest. I like him and he can certainly offer something but could maybe do with a spell on the side lines to get his hunger back and more importantly give the lad a rest. Also Bavies has come in and done ok- would be sending the wrong message out if Ward just walked straight back in.

Keep the same team that finished the last game except for buxton, so :

Fielding, Green, Barker, Shackell, Roberts, Hendrick, Bryson, Ben Davies, Tyson, Robinson, Steve Davies.

If Ward was fit, I'd probably be tempted to drop Ben Davies but I couldn't see Clough going that attacking

Agree with it all, shame Carroll is probably going to change that though.

I'm pretty sure at some point Bryson will be ruled out seeing as he is playing through the 'pain barrier' at the moment. Maybe they are keeping him ticking over till the Forest game then he'll be out for the rest of the season.

This has all the hallmarks of the situation Barnes was in around play off time and look what happened to him .....

Ok so most of us agree Ward offers something very few of our other players do, something out of nothing or a spark. But would you put him back in the side after the last two performances, and if so in place of who?

I don't think it is any coincidence that us re-finding our goal scoring touch has coincided with Ward not being in the team. We had become very reliant on getting the ball to him and him producing chances, however, when he stopped producing chances we didn't stop getting the ball to him at every given opportunity.

I think a break will do him good and I certainly wouldn't change a winning team to get Ward back in.

Okay, my last post, I don't know why it does that. I didn't mean to quote twice. I can't 'edit' it, because thats not working. Also at the bottom of the page there is an image viewer that doesn't work and doesnt close. Is it just me???

I think you have broke it mate

I would leave Ward out to be honest. I like him and he can certainly offer something but could maybe do with a spell on the side lines to get his hunger back and more importantly give the lad a rest. Also Bavies has come in and done ok- would be sending the wrong message out if Ward just walked straight back in.

With you all the way on this one ... Bavies has worked very hard to show NC what he can do since he was given 'his chance'.

Okay, my last post, I don't know why it does that. I didn't mean to quote twice. I can't 'edit' it, because thats not working. Also at the bottom of the page there is an image viewer that doesn't work and doesnt close. Is it just me???

Tidied it up for you. As for the technical stuff, well, I'm just the cleaner, the geeks must be having a lie in. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Yes. IMO.

Tom Carroll will be a good player in 3-4 years time, really don't understand what he's offering our scrappy, workman like midfield at the moment though. He'll ping a few 40 yard balls in the game but apart from that he's a passenger. Unlike our other midfield passengers Tom's alot smaller so has a baby chair.

If Ward was fit I'd go with:

Frankie

Green-Barks-Shack-G'Rob

Bavies-Hendrick-Bryson-Ward

Savies-TheOneWithTheMagicalTouch

Cloughs still got his workmen in there, except this time even though we still have a midget in midfield he offers more. Although he needs to get his finger out, been shizer recently.

I agree with that team. If Ward is out for a while then I wouldn't mind chucking Tyson out on the wing for a couple of games and use his pace. I realise this is how Forest played him and he barely scored but with Robinson and Davies up front this shouldn't really affect the team.

Ward may be the most frustrating player currently playing at Derby for me, on his day he can be fantastic, creating stuff from nothing etc..., but he's not always there (it's unreasonable to expect him to be) and when he's not the whole 'oh lets try and take on 2 guys from deep before firing a poor shot/cross in' routine can really get on my nerves. And the rest of the team just seem to have a attitude of "lets just give the ball to Jamie" when he's out there. Hell even Cloughy said not so long ago that he was our main creative spark and when he was off his game we looked a little lacking in that final third, as if we had no other options.

Also it's pretty obvious that he's not a wide player, he sits WAY to deep on top of Roberts and never seems to push onto the opposition full back and give another option to the other lad's when were looking to get it forward and whilst I have nothing wrong with the principle of him being allowed to drift inside one of the central midfielders need's to fill the space he leaves, else a weak left back is left badly exposed. Ideally we'd play him behind a front two but I can't see that happening any time soon.

A lot of Derby fan's near me seem to think he can do no wrong because he ran through a static defense at the city ground but he deserves to be viewed in the same light as every other Derby player, and currently on formation were playing and his form as of late he surely can't be brought in. Due to our woeful lack of options out wide I think I'd bring him back in IF were playing 442, but if were sticking with this 451/433 formation then why change anything?

Oh by the way I don't hate the lad, he's a pretty good little player on his day but we need to view this sensibly and not see him as some sort of messiah.

Archived