The Walking Dead

twinkletoes

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone read the books?

I'm working my way through the second compendium right now - seems the series has been inspired by the books.

It's highly engaging, seeing what is a bit like a second dimension to the same set of circumstances...

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I just started watching this on Sky Anytime a couple of weeks ago. Probably watched too much too quickly.

I went on a TA infantry weekend, proper warry, camo paint, smoke grenades, trip flares and 6 mags of rounds, the works. But I kept imagining the enemy as zombies, and what I might do given access to all this equipment in a zombie apocalypse. Now I wish they'd give us training on a cross bow.

Anyway, I'm half way trough season 2 now. Still quite engaging, but not as 'must watch' as season 1.

I like the fact that Andrew Lincoln is doing well too. I liked him in Teachers.

• 4 weeks later...

Only tv show i've ever given up on, just wasnt bothered watching a series where every cliffhanger was a complete and utter disappointment and where I really wished half the cast would be eaten, not because I was up for the zombies but because they were so fricking annoying :(

Only tv show i've ever given up on, just wasnt bothered watching a series where every cliffhanger was a complete and utter disappointment and where I really wished half the cast would be eaten, not because I was up for the zombies but because they were so fricking annoying :(

I can see where you're coming from, I almost gave up on it cos it seemed like all the characters were just constantly being mardy with each other and it did get very annoying but it's picked up with some crazy things happening

I etched the first three series back to back on Sky Anytime. I was seeing zombies every where, and drawing out my plan for a zombie apocalypse.

Wanted to start watching series 4 but realised it was half way through already. I'm going to have to wait ages before it's available on Anytime.

Archived