Current feelings?

WilkoRam

Current feelings?  

88 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I would be amazed if any other club has had to shed 41 players - many on crazy wages either. They have proved that they can win games through the decent runs that they have had, in my view, the biggest problem is that our team is too young; younger players rarely perform consistently for long periods. We need good experience in midfield and at centre forward. Just those two improvements would make a difference.

We wouldn't have had to shed 41 players if the manager was able to work better with the players we've got, or not signed so many crap players in the first place.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We wouldn't have had to shed 41 players if the manager was able to work better with the players we've got, or not signed so many crap players in the first place.

Bit sweeping that!!! Who are these "so many crap players".

I was really happy with the club at the beginning of January, now i'm so pissed off. Next season is the key for me. Something HAS to happen at the club to really shake things up, whether it be promotion, relegation, new manager, new board. At the end of next season, i am convinced one of those 4 will have happened.

I was really happy with the club at the beginning of January, now i'm so pissed off. Next season is the key for me. Something HAS to happen at the club to really shake things up, whether it be promotion, relegation, new manager, new board. At the end of next season, i am convinced one of those 4 will have happened.

I think the problem is most fans felt like that at the end of last season. The deadwood clearered, wages down, Nigel had longer in and hope a return to attacking flowing football rather than bizarre disjointed football. It's not happened and fans are now restless and thinking it won't happen next season either.

'Bananas'

Porter Pringle Buxton Deaney Moxey Croft Anderson Hendrie Martin Cywka Doyle Bavies Tyson Maguire

I wouldn't say that any of the ones in bold are crap, some with injury issues maybe. Of the others, Martin was homesick for London, Maguire has never settled away from Scotland and Pringle/Cywka were surely worth a punt as frees. Wasn't Hendrie just taken to get rid of someone else on a longer contract?

There's a few the jury's out on, who we havent really seen yet, Naylor, Ledzgins, and a couple who you can't really say have been out and out failures like Roberts and Robinson.

Who are we missing?

I wouldn't say that any of the ones in bold are crap, some with injury issues maybe. Of the others, Martin was homesick for London, Maguire has never settled away from Scotland and Pringle/Cywka were surely worth a punt as frees. Wasn't Hendrie just taken to get rid of someone else on a longer contract?

Not really interested in arguing about it, cause I'm starting to pee myself off, but if you sign crap injury prone players you normally get crap injury prone players, there may be an odd exception like Hulse and Ward,but very rare and certainly not worth you making it your main transfer policy.

Not really interested in arguing about it, cause I'm starting to pee myself off, but if you sign crap injury prone players you normally get crap injury prone players, there may be an odd exception like Hulse and Ward,but very rare and certainly not worth you making it your main transfer policy.

I agree it is not worth arguing about it. Different viewpoints that's all. We can't both be right so go and have a drink, it will make you feel better 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

You wouldn't consider Porter a poor signing? Even without his injuries he was poor, looked slow and lightweight and yet preferred to Hulse time and time again.

D..... You can have the best players money can buy (Chelsea) and still play like a bunch of dullards. You can have a struggling side and suddenly start playing well (Sunderland). I worry that Nige has done a fabulous job of managing the wage bill, but this has become the priority at the club. The priority should be to play great football with whatever team you have to hand.

The lacklustre feedback that we see at the end of a match (when he decides to speak to the cameras) may be how he is with the team. If thats the case I'm not surprised that after about half a season I'd be feeling pretty depressed with it all. Hes a chip off the old block, but he ain't the block, that man had passion and a desire to see the beautiful game played beautifully, he had the right priorities.

Clough and GSE seem to have a good relationship, and there is a romance to the thought of Clough, this Clough. holding a trophy aloft. I think that there is something missing though and thats a creative side to playing the beautiful game. We won't get into the Prem with the current approach, this much is obvious. I think we should be looking for a tactician on the training ground and in the dugout, someone with panache and flair make Clough director of football.

wiill someone please get that cat out fromamongst those pigeons

To succeed in this league, we have to play to our strengths. We are trying to pass the ball into the net, our player's can't do that, they're not quick enough or skilful enough. The Leicester game was a prime example, first half we tried to pass it into the middle and were crowded off the ball due to lack of physical presence and intelligence.

Second half, we got out wide and tried to cross, and we looked the better side. Why Clough can't see that we look more of a threat when we play like this is beyond me. I agree that we're not far off being a decent side, we need a striker and a centre mid and another winger, and cover in defence. Closest we've been for a while for sure.

I just wish the board would take a risk, and Clough would just realise that you've got to combine pretty football with a killer instinct to win games consistently. Think I will renew for next season, I wasn't sure but got to be optimistic for once! COYR

You've listed 14 so has he really signed 14 good players?

Fielding

Bradford

Barker

Shackell

Bailey

Bryson

Ward

Well that's 7

This sin't directed at you Wilko just an observation in general

Signing good players doesn't really make a manager good in the transfer market.. Signed really good players that take us from one level to another is being good in the transfer market..

People bang about NC having 'proof' of really good signings and the things he could do with money.. Erm. Out of our better signings Fielding, Brayford, Barker, Shackell, Bryson, Ward, Robinson, Bailey etc etc.. How many of these are even close to being a top 6 player? How many of these have pushed us from lower midtable/relegation to uppermidtable/playoff material..

A good signing is bringing in a player that improves you and takes you somewhere.. Under GB Idiakez, Bisgaard, Smith, Rasiak etc. took us to a new level. Under BD Howard, Jones, Oakley, Leacock etc. took us to a new level.

None of Nigel Cloughs signings have taken us to a new level.. And the level before this lot was hardly pulling up any trees.. His best signings have only been 'good' at best and the majority have been average and below.. He's yet to make a signing in the same class as GB and BD.. even PJs best signing outweighs NCs best signing (Commons for Ward) though PJ made far more mistakes than NC did.

I still laugh at how people bang on about Shaun Barker people an amazing signing.. $1mill for a defender who isn't even at the level as Darren Moore and Dean Leacock were.. And how much did them two cost? I mentioned him many times before (and got laughed at) but Gorkss is far better and has proved it with QPR and Reading.. He was available for half the price of Barker.

Archived