Current feelings?

WilkoRam

Current feelings?  

88 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I wouldn't say I am really happy or really unhappy with anything. The board are at least giving us financial stability, however I do sometimes wonder about the ambition, although I do realise that at least we are conforming to these fair play rules already. As for Clough, I do like the guy however some of his decision making at times is questionable.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

II find it hard to persistently p*ssed off although I have been angry recently- in the build up to the game mind seems to hit reset and all would be forgiven if we won (or even bloody scored!). I think the problem I have is that we know what the team are capable of and have played some lovely football this season so it hard to berate the board/ manager for not buying the right players etc. Our major downfall is consistency and unfortunately the blame for that has to lie squarely at the feet of the manager.

Overall fairly happy- we would all like to see a decent striker come in but probably won't. As everyone has been saying for years now THIS is the summer the owners must show ambition and moderately invest for players. Rather than us spending 4 or 5 lots of 250k lets spend it on one or 2 decent players and try to pick up a freebie or 2 along the way, we aren't that far off a decent team we just need to tweak it and get consistency (hopefully that will come as the youg uns mature).

in answer to the question ...."R"

At the minute D. I've been depressed with nearly everything that's happening at the club since Thursday. If it were up to me I'd begrudgingly tell Cloughie to clear his desk and see if Mick McCarthy fancied the job. I'd feel a lot more confident about us progressing as club. At the moment I fear a big relegation scrap coming next year.

Cloughies here to stay though unless we somehow get relegated this season. I've even contemplated the idea of relegation being a good thing.

I feel that we are progressing in almost all areas of the club, although you may need to borrow some of NASAs scientific kit to see this on the pitch.

The excellent run at the start of the season raised expectations so that now we all feel depressed that we are not in the top 6.

A couple of key players being brought in the summer and next season should be the one.

I feel that we are progressing in almost all areas of the club, although you may need to borrow some of NASAs scientific kit to see this on the pitch.

The excellent run at the start of the season raised expectations so that now we all feel depressed that we are not in the top 6.

A couple of key players being brought in the summer and next season should be the one.

I don't think many if any fans started to expect top 6, just maybe top half and not to have to endure another season where we have a long winless streak and a lack of goals. It gets to the stage where you wonder where the next win will come from or even the next goal.

As for the last paragraph, well that was said at the end of last season and even by some the season before that.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

I think our management and board are hitting this definition

TBH I've felt sympathy for Cloughie to an extent - he's been expected to make a silk purse from a sows ear. I bet while he's sitting at his desk trying to slash the wage bill to within an inch of it's life, he's groaning inwardly wondering how the bloody hell he's supposed to make the team aim for top 6 or better.

Answer - it's not possible. He needs the players to push and progress. If the board can't see this, then maybe they feel quite comfortable sat in the middle of this division for the forseeable. If this is the thought, then it'll come back to bite them when ST sales go down.

What I don't like is seeing Nigel sat down with his arms and ankles crossed. Come on Nige - jump up and try to bloody motivate!!

Thing is, if this was as a result of a lack of top 6 finishes then I'd be calling for patients and say Nigel was doing well considering but it's not. This season we face the prospect of a bottom half finish again another season with long winless streaks, a lack of goals and a lack of excitement. I don't think he needs the riches of West Ham and leicester in order to achieve a top half team and a team that gives us a bit of enjoyment at the weekends.

It's not the position that bothers me, it's the performances and general entertainment on the field..

I can take losing away to top of the league, I can even take losing at home to clubs like Leicester and Reading, given that we have a go and actually try and win..

Under NC it's boring, static, tedius and completely uninteresting.. Money won't solve this, if you're that type of manager you play that type of football regardless of money.. Alex McLeish is a prime example of this, he has quality players at his displosal at Villa yet plays the same negative dogcrap that he played at Brum..

There are managers out there who don't need money to play a certain type of football.. Keith Hill at Rochdale had them playing on the floor pass and move football and he spent nothing, he was successful and now at Barnsley he has them playing a certain way that makes us look like rank ametures.. They'll finish midatble this year, they won't spend anything in the summer but they'll sure as hell improve and their vision and entertainment on the field actually makes me jealous..

It was only 6 years ago we finished 19th or so under George Burley but I was sure as hell entertained when we went away to top of the table WBA and played them off the park 1-1 going for the win.. Nowadays we simply cave in and defend at all costs resulting in 0-4 losses at Soton and Leicester without even attempting to win. Under GB we also destroyed teams at PP (4-2 Forest, 5-1 Preston) and were gearing up for a successful following season.

Cards on the table now, regardless of how much we spend in the summer, we won't finish in the top 10 next season and our performances will be as dire as this season..

Also when was the last time we won by 2 clear goals away from home? 2010?

Of course I would like a world class manager and a board that will spend millions, but since neither are a possibility I'll also go for option A.

There is no one that I would happily take over Clough if he was to go that is currently available and that would come, it would be highly unlikely we'd pay for another teams manager so would be stuck with one of the proven failures, and a proven failure we could afford managers like Mick McCarthy, Billy Davies, Alan Curbishley or Steve Coppell...etc just aren't going to buy into the plan we would probably be looking at Championship/league one managers who've been sacked recently like Phil Brown(would we go back?) Martin Allen, Lee Clark, Alan Irvine.

And then obviously every fan in the world wants a board that will lavish them with money, and cover the losses without expecting anything at all back, but unfortunately there is only 1 family and they're happy enough at man city... I would much rather carry on in the same vein that someone gamble with our future piling the losses onto the debt of the club to an amount that could seize the club in the future, obviously some fans think this is the way to go because 'we are too big to go extinct' but so were the dinosaurs! but obviously I would like to see a more substantial amount put into the first team, and instead of having 1 million pound signing a year, we could have 6-7... everyone does, but we've got to be sensible about the other financial sides with it, unless you're going to buy the club I don't see how you can moan as ive said before... if someone offers you nothing, or a 100 pound... you take the 100 pound and thank them, not moan about it only being a 100 pound and demand a 1000, especially when we ourselves aren't willing enough to do it!

Voted D

don't understand how on earth we still get 24,000+ attendances based on the football we play..... i haven't been this season simply cause there is not one player i would spend £20+ to watch.. ends up costing about £100 including travel from London.

until Clough goes or the board go, or they actually do decide to buy someone who can control a football. I will not be giving the club my money..

Of course I would like a world class manager and a board that will spend millions, but since neither are a possibility I'll also go for option A.

There is no one that I would happily take over Clough if he was to go that is currently available and that would come, it would be highly unlikely we'd pay for another teams manager so would be stuck with one of the proven failures, and a proven failure we could afford managers like Mick McCarthy, Billy Davies, Alan Curbishley or Steve Coppell...etc just aren't going to buy into the plan we would probably be looking at Championship/league one managers who've been sacked recently like Phil Brown(would we go back?) Martin Allen, Lee Clark, Alan Irvine.

I disagree that McCarthy is a proven failure. He's proved that he can take clubs out of this division without spending loads. If you look at the side it he put together at Wolves to get promotion it was on a budget not too dissimilar to ours. Ebanks-Blakes provided the goals and was signed for £1.5million and Matt Jarvis came from Gillingham.

I disagree that McCarthy is a proven failure. He's proved that he can take clubs out of this division without spending loads. If you look at the side it he put together at Wolves to get promotion it was on a budget not too dissimilar to ours. Ebanks-Blakes provided the goals and was signed for £1.5million and Matt Jarvis came from Gillingham.

Don't think it matters whether he's a success, failure, whatever - the wage structure in place will apply to management as well as playing staff. We won't pay more than Clough is on for a replacement.

Archived