Current feelings?

WilkoRam

Current feelings?  

88 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cards on the table now, regardless of how much we spend in the summer, we won't finish in the top 10 next season and our performances will be as dire as this season..

How can you possibly say that? So if we spent £10m in the summer we wouldn't finish top ten or play better football. Sorry but that's rubbish. There are several players NC wanted but we couldn't afford (Hooper springs to mind first) who would have made us a better team and a more attractive one.

How can you possibly say that? So if we spent £10m in the summer we wouldn't finish top ten or play better football. Sorry but that's rubbish. There are several players NC wanted but we couldn't afford (Hooper springs to mind first) who would have made us a better team and a more attractive one.

I'd want Messi, Ronaldo, Rooney and Van Persie but we can't afford them. Point is you need to find the best we can afford. No point harping on about players we can't get. You get your scouts and your contacts out there and find the best there is for the budget you have. You then get the best out of those players. I can't say that Nigel and his team are finding the best for our budget or getting the best out of who we sign. A lot of people ignore this and just moan that we can't afford better.

We are gambling on low cost players. Some work and some don't. The only players we have bought who cost more than £500k are Shackell and Barker who are both good signings. That kind of fee gives you more surety of quality.

We need similar costing and quality signings at CM, RM and CF. That will see us a top ten if not top six team.

The only really bad signing he has made (in my opinion) is Tyson.

Porter, Moxey, Martin, Croft, Hendrie, Cywka, Pringle - if they were so good why have they left already?

Why Tyson? Why not Doyle, Davies, Maguire. If they're not poor and Tyson is then how does he get a game and they don't? Unless you're saying Nigel isn't a good judge of ability?

I disagree that McCarthy is a proven failure. He's proved that he can take clubs out of this division without spending loads. If you look at the side it he put together at Wolves to get promotion it was on a budget not too dissimilar to ours. Ebanks-Blakes provided the goals and was signed for £1.5million and Matt Jarvis came from Gillingham.

As proven failure I mean manager out of work by sacking, not on past achievements... Phil Browns achievement with Hull is the best in the championship for me, he had an outstanding 18 months which then lead them onto a torrid 18 months!

Dean Windass as the main threat upfront as well, can't be overlooked... ever since then, he has been awful though!

How much did Leicester City spend in the summer? Are they currently higher than their 2010/11 finish or lower? Do they play better football?

We are gambling on low cost players. Some work and some don't. The only players we have bought who cost more than £500k are Shackell and Barker who are both good signings. That kind of fee gives you more surety of quality.

We need similar costing and quality signings at CM, RM and CF. That will see us a top ten if not top six team.

Really? So these 3 key positions and we're a top 10 team if not a top 6? Despite the rest of the squad being average? And managed by a negative manager? We don't have a single player that would walk into a team only 5 points or so above us, what makes you think 3 new players (in the range of 500k-$1mill) is going to propell us to those heights?

Not to mention our extreme inconsistancy.. It was a miracle that we strung 4 wins together, twice.. I'm still in shock we managed to do that. Especially as Leicester had only just won their first back to back games of the season.

Tyson was a free so by your logic above not a bad signing.

Cywka is treated as a bad signing by the fact he was signed and sold after a season and a half. I rated him but Nigel obviously didn't so how can he be considered good?

Please explain why Tyson (free) is different to the others?

Tyson was a free so by your logic above not a bad signing.

Cywka is treated as a bad signing by the fact he was signed and sold after a season and a half. I rated him but Nigel obviously didn't so how can he be considered good?

Please explain why Tyson (free) is different to the others?

If anything it highlights his point. If you are forced to rely on freebies and low cost signings it will reduce the success rate.

Bad injury, low price gamble, good vfm cover, bad injury, got money back, (free) hasn't worked out strangely, (free) bad injury, short term contract, low cost, free didn't improve, young lad on little money, patchy form and early days.

As I said you take gambles with frees and out of contracts. I'm amused by Cywka simultaneously be lauded as a bad signing and being harshly treated. I wish people would make their minds up.

Yes there's a great excuse for all of them, but they're all bad signings. You mentioned Tyson, without funnily enough the same caveat that he was injury prone before, and had a similar scoring record as Stephen Pearson!

As for Cywka, I was just going by everyone on here's assessment that he only had a couple of good games for us, but it's only a good signing if the manager likes him, and he obviously didn't.

But after all that, despite you saying his only bad signing is Tyson, we've had far more bad ones than good, and that's not just my opinion, it's Nigel's as well, as he's the one who's either fell out with them, shipped them off or decided they're not good enough to be in the squad.

If anything it highlights his point. If you are forced to rely on freebies and low cost signings it will reduce the success rate.

No he said Tyson was the only poor signing and argued other poor signings aren't considered poor due to being free.

Simply put, we do not have the scouting to find good players in our budget and a manager who can't get the best out of them.

I think Tyson is a REALLY bad signing because we needed a striker and we pinned our hopes on him to be the scorer we needed.

The evidence at Foresr was he didn't play enough games, didn't score enough when he did and subsequently got pushed out to the wing. This has happened again.

The reason Tyson for me is a worse signing than Cwyka is Tyson is on far higher wages than Cwyka and was never likely to improve, whereas the younger Cwyka could have done.

If you rate Cwyka, then surely you see him as a good signing but a poor sale, not as a bad signing.

I clearly said the only REALLY bad signing is Tyson. This is due to the reasons I explained. I haven't put an excuse/reason next to Tyson because I feel this was a real misjudgement.

Some signings don't work out like Porter with his injury. Not had many injuries before, looked good then got a bad injury. Can't blame NC got that. **** happens.

Archived