Your first memory of Derby County

Barnaby

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BBC Final Score in 1997, seeing FT: Man Utd 2 3 Derby on the vidiprinter.

I was 6 yr old, and the only 3 things I remember from that year were Labours landslide in the election, my mum crying when Princess Dianna died, and my dad going mad when Derby were playing Man Utd on ITV Sport.

So thats my first Derby moment too. I watched the game with him, but didn't honestly know what was going on.

My first memory is blurry, I'm sure the team was burnley in the cup and Mark Patterson or martin chalk ( i think was chalk) score a screamer only for the fog to come down n the game was abandoned, can't remember the year but was stood in the popside, well on the steps at the front

But was a great goal, and I remember having hotdog walking back to the Sherwin club

My first memory is blurry, I'm sure the team was burnley in the cup and Mark Patterson or martin chalk ( i think was chalk) score a screamer only for the fog to come down n the game was abandoned, can't remember the year but was stood in the popside, well on the steps at the front

But was a great goal, and I remember having hotdog walking back to the Sherwin club

Just googled it and found this

http://www.clarets-mad.co.uk/roll/ed91/a_cup_defeat_at_derby__but_a_day_to_remember_724931/index.shtml

my 1st game, FA cup against Man U, 1966, we lost 2-5, but it was magic,seeing the game Law, Best etc and we score 2 again the legends....... and the atmosphere in the Baseball ground was electric and i'd never experienced owt like it before, so coool, now thats a memory 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

My first memory is of standing on my seat on the back row of the East Stand as a 5 year old when Dean Sturridge scored his second against Blackburn Rovers at Pride Park in a 3-1 win in 1997 to take us to 5th in the league. I also remember being gutted when Dwight Yorke scored in the last minute for Villa after he nailed Dean Yates early on and should have been off, to lose the unbeaten home record in March/April 1998.

I went to the Leeds 3-3 game on the opening day of the Prem campaign at BBG in 1996 but I can't remember it - infact I always thought my first game was the Blackburn game until about 2 years ago when I was told I went to the BBG. Shame I don't remember it at all.

My first memory is of standing on my seat on the back row of the East Stand as a 5 year old when Dean Sturridge scored his second against Blackburn Rovers at Pride Park in a 3-1 win in 1997 to take us to 5th in the league. I also remember being gutted when Dwight Yorke scored in the last minute for Villa after he nailed Dean Yates early on and should have been off, to lose the unbeaten home record in March/April 1998.

I went to the Leeds 3-3 game on the opening day of the Prem campaign at BBG in 1996 but I can't remember it - infact I always thought my first game was the Blackburn game until about 2 years ago when I was told I went to the BBG. Shame I don't remember it at all.

My first games were Everton and blackburn away which I don't remember 2 years before my first memory of being mascot

A bit hazy but as a 10 yr old in 1951! Can't remember game or score! Think it was early season mid-week.

Rushing home from school, wating for dad to get home, running for bus clutching sandwiches.

Remember walking to BBG holding my dad's hand as I'd never seen so many people, the noise in the ground, as it got darker seeing the pinpricks of flame as people lit up.

Telling my mate about it next day and her dad saying 'what's your dad wasting money for, taking a girl to football'!

A reserve game at the BBG against Stoke in 1997. I remember there being one guy in the ground with a Stoke shirt on. Pretty sure Derby won and I got Rammy's autograph on the back of the team sheet, still got it somewhere. Richard Knight definitely played in goal.

Hah, Richard Knight - now that's an obscure 90's footballer!

Deon Burton scoring an overhead kick against Newcastle in 1999 at PP, 4-3 to Newcastle and my first game! Think Gary Speed scored twice and Wanchope (my favourite player as a kid) got a late consolation.

Weird, thats mine too.

Always remember Nobby Solano's goal that game, good player he was back in the day.

My first memory is watching Forest v Derby on skysports. Finished 2-2 with van hooijdonk and freedman for them. Dorigo and carbonari for us. Hoult was stretchered off that game too.

My next memory is back at Pride Park when we beat them 1-0 through a Carbonari beauty.

My first memory of going to a game is Villa at home boxing day 1999 (i think). We were easily beaten 2-0. Ian Taylor and big bad Boateng.

As I'm getting old I can only remember the derby fulham game when my uncle chucked me over the fence at the BBG to unlock the gate for him, the game was still being played as well :-)

Archived