Your first memory of Derby County

Barnaby

So what is your guys first memory of Derby County this could be your first match for example.

My first memory is being mascot against Liverpool when I was 7 in 2002 this was the game we got relegated and all the kids at school kept making fun of him for it as I live in southport and they are all glory hunters, but I didn't know what relegation ment and the next season my first match was reading and I asked my dad "since when we these in the prem."

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to that game, I was 7 I knew we went down as I remember my dad joking about it as it was his birthday present. My first memory was us playing barcelona in the pre season friendly of that season.

Barca in a friendly what was the score if you know

So what is your guys first memory of Derby County this could be your first match for example.

My first memory is being mascot against Liverpool when I was 7 in 2002 this was the game we got relegated and all the kids at school kept making fun of him for it as I live in southport and they are all glory hunters, but I didn't know what relegation ment and the next season my first match was reading and I asked my dad "since when we these in the prem."

I went to that game, I was 7 I knew we went down as I remember my dad joking about it as it was his birthday present. My first memory was us playing barcelona in the pre season friendly of that season.

I had a season ticket that season we got relegated and can still remember the season in Div 1 like yesterday..

My first memory HAS to be against leeds, i can only remember the programme and that i went. but thats it

The first time Dav took me to PP - I was awed at the size of the place - I'd only ever been to Oakwell, Bramhall Lane & Hillsborough when I was a kid, so it was a bit of an eye opener to see the stadium. Some people don't like PP but I thought it was great, still do.

The first time Dav took me to PP - I was awed at the size of the place - I'd only ever been to Oakwell, Bramhall Lane & Hillsborough when I was a kid, so it was a bit of an eye opener to see the stadium. Some people don't like PP but I thought it was great, still do.

It is a great stadium, but maybe the BBG was better but I don't know I was to young to go to the BBG

It is a great stadium, but maybe the BBG was better but I don't know I was to young to go to the BBG

Dav still raves about the BBG, even now he'll always say there's nothing quite like it.

I started following Derby early 90's only managed to get to the bbg a handful of times per season, was at the palace promotion game, but wasn't really hooked that much till we became established for a few years in the prem. No real great memories at Pride Park yet tbh. Had a season ticket ever since 98/99 season. Was at Old Trafford when Christie scored and we desrevedly beat them to stay up in 2000/01? Thats probably my best memory.

My first memoy, very hazy, was being taken by my father to the Baseball Ground, to see a Derby County Representative Team play during World War Two. I think the side was made up of guest players who were footballers who were in the forces and were based nearby. As I say , it is a very hazy memory.

!

Archived