Train Spotting

Day

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yawn!

Choo choo!

The only plane that had no soul was the Enola Gay. It dropped an atom bomb on Hiroshima.

But planes like the B17? (Memphis Belle) and the Spitfire?? Totally awesome.

Yawn!

Choo choo!

When you are lucky enough to see the Battle of Britain flight fly over your school at 100ft at least twice a week you forget the arse twitching and think wow!!

Then when you sit on a 5 - bar gate 500 yards from the end of a runway with Phantoms landing over your head I challenge anyone not to get excited.

can't think of any trains that helped us win a war..

Neither can I. Tbf to trains though, there are some belters. The ones in York Railway Museum are beaut, particulaly the retired Royal train. It's stuck in a time warp alright but it just oozes class.

Infedels!

I fart in your general direction!

Charming.

So tell us. This is your chance to educate all us ignoramus's on what makes trains so appealing. Go!

I don't spot trains, I just have a interest in them and the workings.

My dad worked at the loco works, so we went on holiday by train when I was younger, uk and Europe, blame him. :(

Nope. If you like it, that's fine. Nowt wrong with it. :-)

I don't spot trains, I just have a interest in them and the workings.

My dad worked at the loco works, so we went on holiday by train when I was younger, uk and Europe, blame him. :(

My old man used to put bombs on planes - and on occasion roll bomb trolleys full of bombs and have to hammer them back into shape.

I have sat in a spitfire as a kid when my dad took me to work one day (they had cancelled his leave) and I got to look round hangars full of planes and bombs. Now that's cool

My family and friends expect me to be really into aircraft (not planes, planes are made out of wood  ;) ) as I work on them but I really couldn't care less nowadays. Seems a shame but when they're the reason your working week is a pain in the ass then you there's not much to get excited about! 

The Battle of Britain memorial flight hangar is just across from the one I work in and there's some pretty cool stuff in there if I'm honest. 

Archived