Theo or Tyson?

networker1884

Now I've come to the conclusion on here that with Ball upfront alot of people would rather see Tyson than Robinson, and this totally confuses me. Yes Theo can't control the ball, and yes, it annoys me when he loses the ball time and time again in good positions. But the guy has 8 goals this season, has been out injured for a part of it, and has gained us very valuable points aswell as scoring the goal that got us into the 4th round. His goals might not be amazing but still, goals are goals.

I'm quite happy with Theo's form. 8 so far this season and can grab a goal in any game against any team so Theo upfront with Ball is my choice. Who's yours, and why?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been looking for a thread which was started pre season in which I said that regardless of his ability (or lack of) I thought Theo was still capable of scoring 10+ goals this season. Based on what we have seen so far that could easily become 20+ goals and that sort of contribution is valuable to any team. If Tyson is to challenge for the striker role alongside Ball then that is what he has got to compete with and that can only be good competition for places.

It's a difficult one because Tyson isn't a natural goalscorer whereas Theo is scoring goals.

Tyson is the more cultured front man but why would you change the first consistent winning side that we've produced for many months.

Tyson will have to wait for his chance I feel but when the chance comes, I think Tyson will be the first name on the team sheet.

Tyson. The ball dunna come back as quick with him on the pitch.

Theo is great at what he does, causes panic (in both sides!), and gets in where it matters for a poke at goal, sounds easy but if it were any player would be able to do it.

Thing is, how many times in a season will a managers best 11 start a game? Probabaly not many.

Tyson first choice if fully fit.

Theo as a back up for injuries/suspensions and as a supersub.

Tyson. The ball dunna come back as quick with him on the pitch.

Theo is great at what he does, causes panic (in both sides!), and gets in where it matters for a poke at goal, sounds easy but if it were any player would be able to do it.

Thing is, how many times in a season will a managers best 11 start a game? Probabaly not many.

Tyson first choice if fully fit.

Theo as a back up for injuries/suspensions and as a supersub.

Agree with this. It would be great if we could use Robinson almost exclusively as a sub to run defences around in the last 25 mins of a game. But give Tyson's fitness record, I guess he'll start more games than he doesn't.

I don't mind any of Tys/Theo/S. Davies.

I don't understand the stick Davies gets to be honest, he's not an out and out striker but his build up play, touch and general involvement with the game is much better than Theo's, maybe Tysons. I reckon he'd be on about 10 goals by now too if he could keep himself fit.

Tyson is a better version of Theo attributes wise bar one.. strikers instinct. Theo's always in the right place at the right time.

As it seems Tyson and Davies will never play every game then Theo will do for now although in the long term I would like someone who offers more.

Tyson for sure...providing he gets fit and actually stay fit for more than 60 odd minutes....

Far better first touch, actually wins headers, holds up the play properly, creates good chances but fails to finish them.

(compared to theo)

Only thing theo has over him is that theo always seems to just stand in the right place at the right time and it takes 2-3 toe pokes to get it over the line BUT he still does it.

Also i feel tyson's work rate is far higher than theo's....

Steve and Tyson are for me our first choice front pairing, without question. I am not willing to argue that point, Ball and Robinson have done well, and have scored some goals but you play your best players, and for me Tyson is a better version of Robinson and Davies is a better version of Ball.

Steve and Tyson are for me our first choice front pairing, without question. I am not willing to argue that point, Ball and Robinson have done well, and have scored some goals but you play your best players, and for me Tyson is a better version of Robinson and Davies is a better version of Ball.

I entirely agree with this.

Archived